Chapter Eight - No Wire Hangers

No Wire Hangers

Elizabeth's POV

"Would you like to go to a party with me?" Adrian's low voice asks casually.

It takes me a few seconds to fully understand his question, my mind pleasantly distracted by his fingers slowly caressing my arm. We're cuddling in my apartment after a full day on his sailboat, my body happy and warm curled up against his side. "A party?"

"A charity gala actually," he clarifies. "It's this Saturday. They're extremely dull."

Leaning over on the couch I look up at him. "Oh, I see. You want me to take part in your torment?"

Chuckling, he pushes me back on the couch, his body trapping me beneath him. "I need you to make it bearable."

Raising a brow I feign hurt. "So, I'm just a means to an end. I feel so used."

Adrian's lips trail up my neck, his voice rumbling over my skin. "I haven't even begun to use you yet, baby." My eyes slide shut as heat burns through my core. I can't wait to be used by him. His lips lock on my neck, sucking hard. The pleasure is staggering, the soft skin vulnerable and sensitive.

"Jake's outside..." I protest meekly. I don't want him to stop.

"So?"

"It feels weird."

His teeth nibble on my ear. "Babe, having bodyguards is part of daily life for me."

"Why? Are you afraid someone might kidnap you?" I joke.

Adrian stiffens above me, his lips pressing into a thin line. "It's more common than you might think, Ellie." The seriousness of his tone throws me for a second.

"Okay," I breathe.

His brows knit in confusion. "Okay as in you'll go?"

"If you want me to."

His face softens. "Yea." Leaning down he kisses me softly, his lips lingering. I want more, my arms wrapping around his neck. Adrian groans, gently gripping my wrists and removing my arms. "I should go."

No. Don't.

"Okay."

"Don't sound so disappointed," he growls, pinning my arms over my head. I bite my lip, stopping a moan. "If I stay I'm going to fuck you, Ellie. Is that what you want?"

Oh, god yes!

"You should go," I grumble.

He grunts in agreement, giving me a swift kiss before standing. Walking with Adrian to the door I give a little wave to Jake, who is standing in the hallway playing a game on his cell phone.

Slipping his phone in his pocket Jake asks, "All set, boss?"

Adrian nods, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "Ellie will be attending the Bridgemont charity gala with me. Have the details sent to her."

"Will do," Jake replies.

Adrian kisses my cheek. "I guess it's the panties for me again tonight."

My face flushes. "Adrian," I hiss.

Jake raises a brow, poorly hiding a smirk.

Laughing, Adrian ruffles my hair. "Let me know if you change your mind about that photo." He winks as my eyes widen in embarrassment.

He wouldn't really send me a dick pic...

Yes, he would.

I watch them walk to the elevator before shutting the door and turning on the alarm. Yawning, I stretch my hands over my head, a grin tugging at my lips. Today was amazing. My body is humming, a strange giddiness in my chest. Smiling like an idiot I get ready for bed, changing into my PJ's and washing my face.