Chapter 13

(A/N: thanks for a thousand reads omfg. enjoyyy this chapter c:)

So Michael began to drive me back to my cabin. As we drove, his hand slowly reached out and his fingertips brushed against my hand, making me shudder. He grabbed it, intertwining our fingers. I felt a small smile on my lips. We reached my cabin and both walked in. I noticed Jessica wasn't there and knit my eyebrows. I plopped down on the bed, but that's when I saw a small box. I slowly walked over to it and on it a note read "here's your stuff. I'm sorry...." I felt the tears flow out again. Michael noticed and he immediately rushed over, pulling me into his arms. I cried into his chest.

"Shhh" he whispered, rubbing circles on my back. He grabbed my hand and led me to my bed. We both lay on it. I closed my eyes, the tears beginning to slow down. "Do you want me to go?" He began to stand up but I grabbed his arm.

"Don't leave me...please" I said. He nodded, laying next to me again. He wrapped an arm around me and I rested my head against his chest. "Am I not good enough? Is there something wrong with me?" I asked, frowning. I would cry, but I'm out of tears.

"What? There's nothing wrong with you, Ashley. There's something wrong with Calum. He's an asshole. He doesn't deserve you, and don't you DARE blame this on yourself" he said.

"Well, if I were blonde and tall with skinny legs and blue eyes then maybe he wouldn't have done it" I snapped.

"Listen to me, Ash" he said. I looked up at him. "You may not be blonde and tall with blue eyes.. But someday, you'll find a guy who loves you for who you are. I'm not usually sappy like this, trust me..but that's something I can guarantee you." I smiled.

"Thanks, Michael. It means a lot to me, but I'm sure that's not gonna happen. I'm not attractive and I'm gonna die alone with cats." I groaned. He chuckled.

"Shut up, you're beautiful" he said. I looked at him with surprise but there was no sign of joking on his face.

"Yeah, okay..." I mumbled.

"I mean it" he said. I ignored it and dug my head deeper into his chest. Eventually, I drifted off to sleep.

-

When I woke up, Michael's arms were wrapped strongly around me. The events of last night filled my head and I sighed deeply. I looked up at Michael and smiled at how cute he looks when he sleeps. I softly kissed his nose and he mumbled something incoherent in his sleep, rolling over. I chuckled, looking at the time. 8 in the morning. I rubbed my eyes. Honestly I don't feel like doing anything today at all. But what am I supposed to wear on lazy days like this? I looked around my room to see a black shirt poking out under my bed. I picked it up and remembered it being Michael's Jack Daniels shirt. I smiled a small grin and took my shirt off, throwing his on. I stayed in my gray sweatpants and climbed back into the bed with Michael, falling back asleep.

-

I groaned, waking up and being greeted with Michael's blue eyes. He smiled.

"How are you feeling?" He rubbed my arm.

"Like shit" I muttered. He chuckled. "I probably look like shit, too."

"Nope, still beautiful....especially in the shirt I was looking for" he said, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, sorry" I replied. I began to take it off but his eyes widened.

"Uhh, n-no you can keep it" he said. I gave him a confused look as his cheeks heated up. I lay back on the bed.

"I'm not doing anything today...I hope you know that" I said, crawling back under the covers. "You don't have to stay with me considering it'll be boring as hell" I added.

"No, I think I'll stay" he stated.

"Suit yourself" I replied. "Oh and I didn't know you could be so romantic" I teased.

"I'm not romantic" he mumbled.

"Then what was that whole speech last night?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"That was...um..me telling the truth" he replied. For some reason, my heart fluttered at his words.

"Pshh" is all I said before rolling over. That's when I realized Jessica wasn't here. "Where's Jessica?"

"Probably spent the night at Luke's" he said, climbing into the bed with me. Calum crossed my mind and I blinked back tears. I tried to block him out of my mind instead.

"Your shirt smells good" I said, rolling over to face away from him. He grabbed my arm and pulled me closer to him.

"You always smell good" he said. I rolled my eyes.

"This is what I mean by romantic. Also, cheesy..."

"I'm not romantic" he said, narrowing his eyes. I chuckled and shook my head, when suddenly the door to the cabin opened. I looked over and to my surprise, there stood Calum.