Chapter 42

-Flashback; Ashley's P.O.V.-

I rested my head in my hands, staring at the ground. It's been 6 days since we've both contacted each other, and I'm losing my mind. Is he already over me? Does he just not care anymore?

I sighed and crawled back under the covers, closing my eyes. My phone went off and I groaned, reaching over and grabbing it. It was Jessica.

"Hello?" I mumbled.

"Are you okay?" She asked in a concerned voice. She knows about how I cut and she's been checking up on me everyday to make sure I don't (which I haven't and don't plan on.)

"Yes, could you just leave me alone?" I asked.

"No, I'm right outside your door and I'm coming in."

"What?" I asked, groaning again. I heard her open the front door, then saw her standing at my bedroom doorway.

"Okay..you're a mess" she said, chuckling and sitting on my bed.

"What do you want?" I asked, throwing one of my pillows at her. She caught it and rolled her eyes.

"You need to get out of bed, this isn't gonna solve anything."

I narrowed my eyes.

"Well thanks for reminding me..."

"Just come on, everything will be okay. You'll move on; you'll find somebody new."

"I don't wanna find somebody new" I replied.

"You're gonna have to" she said.

"If you came here just to say that can you please leave because I don't wanna hear it" I snapped a little too harshly.

"Okay, okay, sorry. We just need to go out and do something; something to get your mind off of Michael."

"Fine..." I mumbled. She cheered and I rolled my eyes, dragging myself out of the bed.

I got into the shower then dried my hair, straightening it. I got changed into a pair of skinny jeans and a loose tank-top, pulling my hair up into a bun. I don't care if I look too casual, I'm not dressing to impress anyone.

We both walked around the streets of Los Angeles, looking at the different shops.

"You wanna get some coffee?" Jessica asked.

I nodded and we both walked into the tiny coffee shop, ordering. I sat down with my coffee, stirring it around and frowning. Jessica nudged me.

"I think that guy's checking you out" she whispered, nodding her head at a certain direction.

I looked up and saw the boy, his eyes meeting mine. He quickly looked away and his cheeks turned a bright red. I looked back down at my coffee with an empty expression, not caring.

"I'm going to the bathroom" she said with a wink, getting up to obviously leave me alone so the boy will talk to me.

She stayed in the bathroom for a while and I eventually finished almost all my coffee. As I got up, the boy had been walking by and I forcefully bumped into him, his coffee spilling all over me. I cringed at how bad it burned.

"Oh my god..I'm so sorry..oh my god..." A worker handed him a towel and he gave it to me. I dabbed it against my shirt.

"It's okay, don't worry about it."

"No I feel so bad..what can I do to make it up to you?" He asked.

"You don't need to do anything" I replied.

"But seriously, please, I feel so guilty."

"Um, well..." I started, biting down on my lip. "I don't know, just sitting down and talking to me would work."

"O-oh, that's all?" He asked, surprised at the offer.

I didn't want him to feel guilty so that's the only reason I really asked.

"Yeah, sure."

So we both sat down & Jessica came out of the bathroom, seeing us. She winked and walked out of the coffee shop, my eyes widening.

Great.

"So what's your name?" He asked.

"Ashley..and yours?"

"I'm Tyler" he replied, smiling at me. I smiled back, shaking his hand.

We began to talk about anything and everything. I found myself feeling extremely comfortable around him, but I need to let him know something before things get serious.

"Umm, just letting you know, I recently got out of a really bad relationship..I don't think I'm looking for a boyfriend right now.." I trailed off, biting down on my lip.

"Oh, that's completely fine" he replied, smiling.

"Really?"

"Of course, if you need anyone I'll be here."

"That..really means a lot to me Tyler" I replied.

We both got up and walked out, walking down the street.

"So are we walking to your house? Or-"

"Yeah, I guess" I replied, chuckling. "Sorry I cut you off."

"It's fine" he said, grinning.

Once we arrived at my house, he stood across from me on my doorstep. We exchanged phone numbers.

"I'll give you a call, Ashley" he said.

"Okay, cool" I replied, feeling myself blush. Without thinking, I wrapped my arms around him. He chuckled and hugged back.

I hate how it didn't compare to Michael's hugs.