Chapter 47

I decided to spend the rest of the day with Calum, because he's making me feel a lot better. We went to the movies then out to dinner, but it definitely wasn't a date and I made that clear to him. He seemed extremely understanding.

When we were done eating, we walked outside.

"So what do we do now? It's about 9:00pm" Calum said.

"I don't really know. I'm supposed to be staying with Michael for a while, but things are so complicated..."

"You could stay at my apartment?" He suggested.

"Oh...Calum, I don't know.."

"No, no, it would be completely fine. You don't even have to sleep in the bed with me. I'll let you sleep in my bed while I sleep on the couch."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Of course" he replied, smiling.

So I went with him to his apartment, and it looked nice. Surprisingly, it wasn't messy like a typical boy's room would be.

"What should I wear?" I asked him.

"Uh...I mean, I'm not gonna make you wear any of my clothes but...I don't know" he said.

"Can I just sleep with no pants?" I asked, my face turning red at the words. I watched Calum tense up.

"W-well yeah" he stuttered. "I mean, it's your choice..."

"You okay?" I asked slowly.

"Yeah" he replied, smiling. I smiled back.

"Where's your room?"

He walked down the short hallway with me and led me to his room. I nodded.

"Goodnight, Calum" I said.

"Goodnight" he replied smiling.

Without thinking, I wrapped my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around my waist, hugging back.

"Thank you" I whispered.

"It's my pleasure" he whispered back. He smiled at me before turning and leaving.

As soon as he left and closed the door, I collapsed onto the bed with a sigh. I checked my phone, but there were no missed calls or texts.

At that point, for some reason, the anger inside me began to boil up. I clenched my fists and I felt like throwing my phone as hard as I could against the wall.

How could he not care? How could he put me through all this shit? How could he break my heart like this and make me completely miserable?

I threw my pants off and folded them, setting them on the ground because I didn't want to leave a mess in Calum's room.

I climbed under the covers and stared at the ceiling. I turned my phone off and tossed it carelessly across the bed, closing my eyes and hoping to get sleep.

Michael's P.O.V.

Where the hell is she?

She's been out all day. I'm trying to give her space so she doesn't feel like I'm suffocating her, but why is she acting like all this shit is my fault? SHE'S the one that basically lied to me. I shook my head and bit down on my lip. I narrowed my eyes. What the hell is she even out doing?

That's when everything clicked together.

Of course. Of fucking course. How could I not have realized earlier? Of course.

Calum lied about this whole damn thing just to cause problems, because he knew how fired up I'd get. Of course, he's probably being her shoulder to cry on.

"Damn it!" I yelled, throwing my pillow across the room in anger and knocking down a few books. I put my hands to my temples and rubbed a few times, trying to gain control of myself.

I sat on my bed, turning my phone around over and over in my hand. After contemplating for a while, I decided not to call her and went to sleep.

-3:00am-

I woke up, sweat dripping down my back. Oh my god.

My heart raced, thumping violently against my chest. No. No.

I grabbed my phone, trying to gain my breath back and trying not to cry. Pick up. Please pick up your fucking phone.

"You have now reached the v-"

"DAMN IT ASHLEY!" I yelled, gripping the phone hard.

The button finally beeped.

"Ashley, please come back. I need you. I just..I need you. Come back please. Don't say this is over, this can't be over. Please Ashley. I love you so much" I said, the words pouring out before I could stop them. I pressed the 'end call' button.

The dream I just had. It was horrible.

People say sometimes when you dream about certain things, they relate to real-life situations.

The dream I had was about me and Ashley standing in a field with an invisible wall blocking us. I kicked at the wall and I punched at it, but it wouldn't budge. I could see Ashley and she could see me, but we couldn't hear each other. I just needed to get to her. I kept kicking and I screamed in frustration, but as soon as I did this, a tornado came through her side of the wall. Seeing her face...seeing her reaching for me..it made my heart shatter into a million pieces. I remember I had tried reaching for her, but there was nothing I could do.

Because of that fucking wall.

And I think that wall really relates to Calum in this situation.

It just shook me up and hit me with the reality that this could be it. Why would I tell her I'm tired of us? I love her..god, I love her. I've never cared so much about anything.

Years ago, I probably would've vomited at the things I say or think about Ashley now.

But damn, this girl has me wrapped around her finger.