Chapter One

"Alright stop, collaborate and listen. Ice-"

I looked up from my coloring book at my phone to see who was calling after three in the morning. When I saw Abigail Peter's name my first thought was, since when did we have each others numbers.

Oh yeah that psych project sophomore year, I thought as I answered.

"Hello?"

"I need a ride hommmmme, I'm drunk," She laughed in the phone. I heard people and music in the background.

"I think you have the wrong number."

"Isn't this Adam?"

"No, it's Alex Hunt, good luck with that ride though," I hung up and looked down at my coloring page, "I'm hungry."

I got up from my desk and made my way through the cramped hall and into the living room which happened to be connected to the kitchen. As I crammed a Oreo in my mouth my phone began to ring again.

"Yeah?" I asked annoyed slightly when I heard the music again.

"I still need a ride," She slurred a little and she sounded pouty, "No body else is answering. Can you get me?"

I pulled my phone away from my face and looked at it in disbelief, I barely knew this girl.

"I don't have a car," I sighed as I walked back to my room.

"I guess I'll drive myself then," She hung up.

Damn it.

I dialed her back as I slid my shoes on and grabbed my jacket.

"Hello?"

"Stay there," I told her as I picked my mom's truck keys off the hook by the door, "I'll come get you."

"Thank you!" She yelled into the phone.

"Yeah, so where is this party?"

"Parker Johnson's house."

"That'd be great if I knew where that is," I face palmed and started the truck.

"Hold on," I heard a few people talk to her and eventually the music went away, "three fifty two Birch Street."

"I'll be there in ten," I hung up and backed out of my driveway.

"Alex, why are you going to get this girl?" I asked aloud, "Because if you didn't she'd probably kill herself," I reasoned pulling on to the street.

It wasn't really hard to find the house since there were cars and drunk teenagers out front; which was actually a good thing considering I had forgotten the number in the address. I drove up behind some car and parked before getting out to find Abigail. As I walked up to the open door and wrinkled my nose at the smell of smoke I realized some people were giving me looks. I rationalized it was either that I was wearing pajama pants and a tshirt or that they weren't used to seeing me at this things. It was probably the former. I made my way through the crowded living room looking around from my vantage point, being taller than a lot of the people there.

After not finding her in the living room I made my way into the kitchen where she was sitting there talking to some of her friends. Her eyes widened and she ran up when she saw me.

"Hey!" She greeted as she hugged me and I awkwardly patted her back.

"Um, hey," I looked around as a couple people chuckled, "you ready?"

"Yeah, one second," She went and said bye to her friends as I stood awkwardly by the door, "Lets go," She bounced in front of me.

I led her out the door and down the sidewalk, opening the passenger door for her to climb in before getting in on my side.