Chapter 2

Cas and I drove to the hospital that Sam was at, him smiling the entire time. It felt good to have him happy. He had found out that despite his family no longer being in heaven, they were all okay, and still able to comunicate. I looked through the rear view mirror to see Lucifer smirking at me though it. I grimiced. Cas looked over at me then back to Lucifer. My chest tightened again and I despiratly wanted to reach out and grab Cas' hand, to show that I was okay, and that he would to too.

"Do it." Lucifer breathed at me from the backseat.

"Jesus, I'm gonna give Sam a medal if this is what he had to put up with for a year." I said angrily.

"Oh, you mean when he broke the wall in his head? That was definetly fun." I nearly slamed on the breaks in shock.

"How the... how the hell would you know?" This day was making less and less sense to me.

"Oh, see, that wall was for more than keeping memories out, me and little Sammy were connected, that wall stopped the connection. Even though I couldn't physically tourture him, I still got to mess with his head. That was all me, Deany boy." I was speachless. "When Cas took it all on himself, I figured 'what the hell?' Might as well bug the brother that locked me in that damn cage in the first place. But sadely angels seem to be able to heal faster. Oh, but I had fun swimming around through his head." Cas looked at his feet as Lucifer chuckled again.

As we pulled into the parking lot, the three of us got out of the impala and headed for the nurse's desk. "Hi" I smiled at her, the full 'Dean treatment' "I'm here for my brother, Sam Winchester, I dropped him off a few hours ago." She looked up at me with slight disgust, but was still sorta polite.

"Yeah, you're the one who dumped your brother here then left without knowing how he was doing."

"Look, I had two other people to go get." She eyed Cas and Lucifer before nodding and gesturing for us to follow her. She led us down a short hallway and then opened one of the doors at the end of it. I managed to walk in with Cas first, blocking Lucifer, but only for a moment.

He burst out from behind us yelling "Hiya Sammy. Good Morining Vietnam!" Sam's face was drowing in pure terror and he began to sit up more straight in bed and back himself against the wall, like he was trying to sink through it.

"No, no! You're not real! Cas fixed you for me! No!" Sam screamed out. I ran over to him to try and calm him down some, holding his arms down and away from his face.

"Hey, hey, Sammy, Sam! It's okay, he's real, but he's human. Cas was kicked out of heaven, and Lucifer was kicked out of hell, but they're both human, okay?" Sam took a deep breath and swallowed before speaking.

"How, how did you know to say that?" he looked up shakely at Lucifer.

"Well ya see kid, that wall in your nogin wasn't just for memories. Me and your soul got a real bonding experiance in the cage. That connection stuck with us when Death thrust you back in, well, you. So when your little wall broke down, that connection came with it. All those visions were me. The hand thing only worked because you made a tiny dam out of pain, at least for a short while." Sam stared to calm down slightly, he was still on edge though.

"Look, Sam, when Metatron kicked all the angels out of heaven, he got rid of all the angels. That included Lucifer. I guess the cage was opened when he became human." Cas stayed quiet, but he didn't look as happy as he had on the way over. My chest was tight again.

"Wait, Dean, if Lucifer is out, what about Micheal? He'd be in Adam's body still, but he should be free too."

"Oh, my little brother." Luicifer began to start in on another rant.