Chapter 2

My alarm clock went off. I looked over at it and shut it off. Great. Another day of hell. I thought to myself. I got up to get dressed, searching in my closet of mostly all black and dark grey clothes. Since the bullying started, I'm not the most cheerful person anymore. I looked for a long sleeve shirt to cover my scars but they were all dirty. The only long sleeve shirt in there was one of Luke's flannels. I grabbed a Nirvana shirt and put it on. I found most of my bracelets so no one will see my scars today. I opened my drawer to all my black skinny jeans and leggings. Might as well wear leggings. "Abbi! Come eat! The bus will be coming soon!" My mom shouted up the stairs at me. I sighed and grabbed my phone and bag. At least I'll see Luke. I ran down the stairs and grabbed an apple, ignoring the pancakes on the table. "Honey, I made you pancakes." My mom told me. "I appreciate it, mom, but I don't wanna miss the bus." I said before taking a bite out of my apple. I mumbled a bye to her and walked out the door. Four familiar faces were standing there waiting for me. "Hey guys!" I said, taking another bite out of my apple. Luke approaches me and kisses my head. "Hey babe." Calum and Michael tackle me in a hug. As soon as they let go, Ashton hugs me slightly and smiles. Luke puts his arm around my waist as we walk to the bus stop. "You dyed your hair pink?" I asked Michael. The other guys groan and mumble yes's towards me. Michael looks at me, "Do I look punk rock or what?" I chuckled. "So punk rock!" I said sarcastically.

My brother comes out to the bus stop with us. "Mom's pissed at you." I raise my eyebrow, "Why?" He shakes his head, "because she made you pancakes and you took an apple instead." Luke looks at me with a serious look on his face. "She shouldn't be mad. Apples are more healthy for me." I looked down at the ground. Then my phone buzzed. It was a text from Luke. We need to talk.  I looked up at him and he was watching me read the text. I nodded at him.

The bus pulled at and we all got on. Luke and I getting on last. The guys took their regular seats and Luke and I sat together. "Are you not eating again?" He asked me when we sat down. "I ate an apple, didn't I?" I said to him. He shakes his head. "I'm serious, Abbi." I sighed. "Luke, I am eating. Just the bus was on its way, and I wasn't in the mood for pancakes. Okay?" He nods and holds me close to him. "You're my girlfriend. I just worry about you, that's all."