fourteen// "best mate"

After showering I probably listened to that Coldplay song about fifteen times more. I'm missing Sid a lot today.

I was blow-drying my hair when he texted me.

"You, me, weed, tonight. 😅💨"

I smiled at the thought of him. I didn't reply much. Just a simple;

"I'll see you then, Jenkins 😏😚"

I was stoked. I had an excuse to get dolled up. Tonight was going to be great. I decided to take a break from getting ready to lay down and rest.

I ran my fingers through my damp hair and twirled it. My music was still playing through my stereo system.

I lit a cigarette as "Wish You Were Here." by Pink Floyd played in the back. Ever since the day Sid and I laid next to eachother and smoked, I have paid more attention to the smoke. I like watching it twist and twirl in different directions. It's like cheap therapy to me.
I exhaled and closed my eyes. I started to have a flashback.

"Luna, it's over."
"W-what? Why?"
"I'm leaving you for Liz"

Oh, Liz. How could I fucking forget? My best friend. He left me for my best friend. I remember what happened next clearly...

"You can't leave me, Brad. You love me!"
"But if I love you so much, then why did I fuck Liz?"

It has been four months since those words left his lips. And they still haunt me. I know I care about Sid oh so greatly. But how could it not sting? It kills me. How could someone that claims to be my "best mate" do something so cruel and evil?

That's something no one should ever go through, and that's heartbreak.

I snapped back to reality by my cigarette burning me. I was daydreaming again, and it burnt down to the bud.

"Fuck," I put it out in the ash tray.

I checked the time and saw that it was almost time for me to leave, so I finished getting ready.