eighteen// catching up

"Listen, Luna," I sat on his bed and nodded. "Our buddy, Chris..." His words trailed off. "Yeah?" I asked. He sat next to me. "Erm, he's..no longer with us. You see, we do this almost every month. We go to his grave and we all have separate conversations with him." I nodded.

"How did he pass, if you don't mind me asking?" I asked, feeling sorry for all of them. "Overdose." He stated, nodding his head a little. "He died in the arms of my ex." "I'm so sorry, Sid." I hugged him. "It wasn't his time. I know it sounds selfish, but at times I wish he was still here."

He let a tear fall. "He's not gone," I wiped his tear away with a swift move of my thumb. "He'll always be with you, all of you guys. He'd be so proud of all of you right now. And I know that for sure." I stood up and started to get dressed. "I can't wait to meet him."

--

Jal went to talk to Chris first, considering she was his girlfriend. We all sat in the car at the top of the hill as Jal made her was down to the graveyard.

"I remember one time with Chris. We all went to the beach," Michelle started. "He got naked and ran into the ocean." she smiled and started to sniff. "I remember that." Sid added. "Remember when Sid didn't take his hat off to go into the ocean?" Anwar said. We all laughed. "Ha, like mate, you can lose your trousers but not ya hat?" We all laughed harder. "Good times." Tony spoke. And everything got quiet.