Swimming contests and a date

Hello! Yeah, erm, this is a late update :/ sorry.

So I read a book.

...

And the hot guy died. God, I wanted to chuck the thing across the room. I was in love with him (not literally) and then BAM, he died of fucking stomach cancer. Fuck me. Gah, I mean, I get that some people like crying in stories but I sure as hell don't. I was seriously hoping he'd get over the fucking cancer but NOOOOOOO, the next moment he's just dead. Boom.

Anyway, hope you enjoy!

_____________________________________________________

Tams POV

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

Niall sighs and rubs his forehead. We've been going at this the entire time. He wants me to swim while I don't. It's not like I don't like swimming, it's just that...

... I don't like swimming.

I like staying in water. That's fine, but actually swimming, like, freestyle and shit is just something I'm not particularly fond of.

"I'll just sit here and watch you guys." Make a fools out of yourselves.

"Nope, you should swim too, c'mon, it'll be fun."

"Yep, it'll be just as fun as drowning. Oh wait, that's exactly what's gonna happen."

Niall rolls his eyes. I huff and fold my arms over my chest. He can't make me do this. I'm gonna die out there. This is exactly the reason why I never fulfilled my stupid dream of becoming an Olympic swimmer. Although I guess it wasn't meant to be since the only reason I ever wanted to be one was because of the hot guy swimmers (*cough* Ryan Lochte and Eamon Sullivan).

Anyway, they have an even number of people so they can make two teams, I would just be another person they'd have to include.

I open my mouth to point out exactly that when Harry comes to my rescue and says, "Nah, Niall, let her be. She obviously doesn't want to."

Remind me to thank him a billion times.

Niall sighs again. "You sure? I mean, like I said, it'll be fun..."

"Yes, sure as anything," I reply quickly and settle myself on the edge of the pool. "Alright, so how's this gonna go? Who's race against who?"

"Actually, I was thinking we could do relay races, you know, with teams," Zoe says, getting up with Zayn.

"Yeah," CJ agrees, "Definitely."

"Alright," I say, "How about boys against the girls and Kyle?"

"Hey!" comes Kyle's protest but Paula hits him and he just grumbles something.

"Cool," Zayn says, eyeing Zoe carefully.

"Let's do this! WOOOOOOOO!" yells Louis as he cannonballs into the pool.

"You're such an idiot," mumbles Liam as he whacks him across the head.

The teams divide themselves up and half of them go to the other side of the pool. I pull my legs to my chest and sigh, expecting there to be an argument in about half an hour between the teams.

"Ready?" calls out Laura.

"Yeah," says Harry, winking at me before diving in as Kyle yells, "Go!"