Chapter 31

It had been a few days since the shows finale and both Ann and James have been very busy, more so James for being the Big Winner. They could not spend as much time as they wanted to because James always had commitments and guestings. However, despite his busy schedule, he always took the time to be with Ann, or even just talk to her, even if it was just for a few minutes over the phone everyday. Without really talking about it, they both felt that they already have an understanding about what they are to each other.

Because of their celebrity status however, especially James' who also has a fan base with Rich, it was getting difficult for them to always be seen together publicly. The bashing that Ann has been getting increased since James publicly said he liked her. As a result, Ann has decided to prevent herself from acting too comfortable around him and always gives vague answers whenever asked about the relationship she has with James.

Her relationship with Rich has also gotten its turn for the worst. She guessed that part of the reason why Rich was again acting spiteful of her was what happened two years ago and with what is happening right now between the three of them. As much as possible, she didn't want to aggravate Rich's feelings toward her but she could not just give up James either. Truth to tell, James has become more important to her than Brock had ever been.

It does not escape her knowledge that James and Rich are also being seen together in public and as much as she tries to understand that it's all just part of show business, she still can't help herself from being a little hurt. Good thing James is always there to assure and reassure her that nothing is going on between him and Rich. He was always considerate of her feelings and shows that by calling just to check on how she is or what she has been busy with. He must have sensed that she feels hurt by all the publicity between him and Rich.

As for Rich, she has certainly been enjoying the celebrity status that she gained by being one of the show's top placer. She has also been basking in the glory of being considered as a partner for James. She loved all the attention that she has been getting from her supporters. If only Ann did not get in her way, then she would have James all to herself as well. She knew James only thought of her as a friend but the fans did not know that and she wanted to use that to her advantage.