Calm Before The Storm

*car crashed heart*

I opened my eye and saw only darkness, but I heard whimpering and crying. I looked over and saw the noise was coming from Kobra.

Kobra Kid was tossing and turning in his bed. It's a good thing he has a king because if the bed was any smaller he would have fallen off. He was having a nightmare poor thing. I always got them when I was a kid, I hated them. They made me feel like anything could hurt me, anything could kill me.

"Hey Kobra," I whispered, then poked him.

Kobra Kid's eyes opened at the speed of light, then shot forward at the same speed. He was gasping for air as every second pasted and tears flooded his deep brown eyes.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

"I'M NOT OH FUCKING KAY!" He cried back.

I hoped on to his bed and awkwardly put my arm around him.

"What happened in your dream?"

"I have these terrors and it's like, it feels like as if somebody
was gripping my throat and squeezing and..." Kobra touched his throat and shuttered." Sometimes I see flames. And sometimes I see people that I love dying and... it's always..." His voice shuttered." Some times I think I can't... I can't ever wake up."

Kobra Kid rested his head on my shoulder and sighed. "Can you stay with me? Please," his eyes had such longing in them, so much sadness, like a puppy who's been kicked one hundred to many times.

"Yeah, yeah of course," I smiled at him. "I got you sweet little dude."

He now looked at me as if I was the one kind person to pet him instead of kick him.

I went under the covers and put my arm back around him. Kobra then used my chest as a pillow, he fell back asleep right when he closed his eyes. It takes me a whole lot longer to sleep, I think it's because I have a restless mind. To get me to sleep I'll listen to my hearts beat the thud thud it makes. I closed my eyes and listened, but tonight my heart had some company, it was the soft breathing of Kobra. His breath and my heart beat made a beautiful song together and I got lost in it, to me they fit together as if they where each others perfect half. I fell asleep to the music they made, the perfection.

(Sorry about this not having you know anything to do with that cliff hanger but¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )