Chapter 23; Bad News

WOO TWO UPDATES IN ONE NIGHT

Just to clarify Mia's grandma's name is Edna

the last one was a little short, but that's because I make a song for the chapter and if I kept it going with what goes on in this chapter the song couldn't have been 'Can't Back Down'.... so no dedication for this chapter, but DEDICATION GOES TO BEST COMMENT!

~Chapter 23; Bad News

"Jennifer!" Des called from outside, sounding panicky.

"What?" she yelled back.

"Come quick!!" he said in a more urgent voice and my mom walked quickly outside. I followed her out to see what was going on.

Des was squatted on the ground, with my grandmother in his arms. He had her cradled like a baby,  in his lap while her legs fell limp to the ground. Des looked at her with wild eyes, waiting for us to reach him.

"What happened?!" my mom asked frantically. I stood next to her, trying to figure out as well. My grandmother's eyes were closed, and her chest was going up and down, very slowly and barely at all. I thought that was a bad thing.

"She just stopped walking, her eyes went wide, and she passed out. Luckily, I caught her before she hit the ground." he explained.

"We have to take her to the hospital!" my mom said. I could tell she was freaking out, I mean I would be too if it was my own mom. I was panicking myself, because that's my grandma, but I knew it was a good thing to stay calm.

They started to walk towards the car and I followed, before realization came into my mind and I stopped in my tracks.

"What about Harry?" I shouted.

"Meet us at the hospital." Des said through the window and I nodded my head, dashing back into the house. I ran up the stairs and down the hall to Harry's room. The door was closed, so I knocked frantically, over and over again, until he opened it up. His eyes were wide and he had a smirk on his face.

"Why'd you knock so m-"

"We have to go to the hospital!" I said, not waiting for him to finish what he was going to say.

"What? Why?" he said, searching my face. I'm sure I looked like someone had died, but let's hope it's not that serious.

"My grandma collapsed in the driveway. They just left, but I came back for you so they said to meet them there."

Harry nodded his head, grabbing his keys off his night stand. We both trudged down the stairs and quickly got into his car, driving down the road towards the hospital.

I was shaking my legs, quickly and chewing on my lip. I only did this when I was really really nervous..and right now was one of those moments.

"A-are you okay?" Harry asked, glancing over at me.

I quickly nodded my head. Maybe too quickly. Harry caught on to my uneasiness and stretched out his hand. I took it and he gave me a reassuring squeeze. I smiled at him, and tried to put my mind on something to calm me down before we got there.

Harry pulled into a random parking spot and I instantly unbuckled my seatbelt, pulling open the car door and getting out. I started jogging towards the doors, but someone grabbed my arm.

"Okay, Mia, I know your grandma's in there, but can you slow down?" he asked.

I took a deep breath before I nodded. We started walking together, and made our way into the hospital.