Chap 2- Ditching school and the never-ending slide

It was raining again"You sure you got all your books?" Ellen asks Laura in a worried way, like every single day. She just nods, not really listening to her. Ellen then started opening her backpack.

"Laura!" Her mom exclaims in a disappointed way. Laura looked into her backpack, except for the books, there was the snack from yesterday, a bag of chips and some candy. "What? I have to go now I'm late." Mom patted me in the back, "Do your best Laura!" She calls after her.

She felt her backpack shake before she started her first step to school.

20 minutes later~~~~~~

There was people everywhere. People holding signs,yelling "Go!" Or, "You can do it!" They couldn't help her, she felt no courage at all hearing these chears, instead, she felt more nervous then before. Laura looked around her seeing teary faces, hugging their mother or father, putting a strong, confident face as they walked into the school.

Laura suddenly felt sick to her stomach. The heavy rain falling on her makes it look like she's in a movie, but, in the part, that fails. She shuddered and looked back to the road she had come from, where many students holding an umbrella continued to walk towards school.

She felt the need to run. She felt the need to go. She didn't have the courage. She didn't want to take this test. That's why she ran. She started running the opposite side of where most poeple was heading--at least for students. She ran past the people who was encouraging the students, and she ran away from school.

For the first time, Laura Marano, was ditching school, and yet---the most important day of school.

Few minutes later~~~

Laura arrived at the park with tear stains on her face and her clothes and hair soaking wet. Looking around, she sees a boy, holding a ball, hiding underneath the slide, looking curiously at her. She turned my attention back to the puddle infront of her.

Laura leaned forward, squinting at the puddle. She sees blue, only blue. It looked like a slide, that if she could step right in, she would appear in a whole new world, never worrying about schoolwork or being poor.

Slowly but surely, she sticks out her left foot and stepped into the puddle, when she didn't reach the ground, she lets out a gasp and stumble backwards. This could not be real. She'd never wondered about magic, weather it exists or not. What if does exist?

Laura stared into the puddle again, almost afriad the whole thing is going to swallow her into its never-ending slide. She took a deep breath, as curious as the boy who was holding the ball, staring at her--which he still is. She stepped her right foot in the puddle this time. She didn't reach the ground.

Laura's breathing went faster and so did her heart. Then, the image of the water bucket in the math class appeared in her mind, the sound repeating over and over again. Drip! Drip! She leaned in closer, then, backed up about 5 steps.

Laura ran, and  jumped into the never-ending slide, her last sight in the future was the boy dropping his ball, along with his mouth.

A/N- A cliffhanger for you! Hope you enjoyed this chap!

Vote and comment!

xoxo~~~~~Tiffy <3