#TWHTHS chapter 2

chapter 2

SOPHIE'S POV

* 1 1/2 years later *

"He is SO looking at you!" Tiffany, my best friend here in London, squealed. She winked jokingly and sent me a kissy face from across the table at Starbucks.

"Tiff's right," Ally told me. Leave it to her to side with the British girl. Ally had always wished she was English. That was one of the reasons I was here.

"American girl here speaks the truth... as you would say..." Tiffany paused to put on her big purple sunglasses, "He is totes checkin you out, girl!" I choked on my iced coffee as we all giggled at her impersonation of American teenagers.

"But seriously, Soph..." Ally whined. "We didn't just come to London to learn! Get some English boy while we're here!" I snickered at her suggestion. She was actually serious.

"Ally, we're here for school, remember? We didn't get full-year scholarships to get boyfriends. Besides, boys are just a distraction," I told her. I always had to be the practical one here.

"Ugh, Sophiiiiiieeee," she whined, dragging out my name. Tiff pouted too. "Come on, have some fun," Ally encouraged me. "Just loosen up a little!"

"Oh, loosen up?" I laughed a little. "The last time I "loosened up" I ended up dying my hair pink!"

Tiffany tried to hold in her laughter, but she couldn't. I guess it was sort of funny... in an embarrassing way. "I wish I could have lived in America with you," Tiff sighed. "College life sounds so interesting there."

"Oh believe me, it was interesting..." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Hey, your hair turned out fine!" Ally stood up for herself, even though she was laughing too. "Your hair color is just a little redder now, that's all..."

"I know Ally... but the point is, I can't loosen up again because bad things happen when I try to be chill."

"Well come on," Tiffany whined. "You can at least get that guy's number!"

"Yeah, come on, don't be scared," Ally egged me on further.

"I don't need a man!" I yelled. The girls quieted down a bit. They both knew I hadn't had a boyfriend for a year and a half. It was getting to the point where I needed to forget about him. Maybe getting a date with some random guy would help me move on. He was pretty good-looking.

"You know what?" I looked up at my friends' expectant faces. "I'll do it."

****

Hello readers (if you exist) and welcome once again to my story! I'm so glad you could join us today. <<<< I promise I won't always be this awkward. Anywho, I hope you decide to keep reading this story. It would make me really happy.

You are all beautiful, just remember that!

xx @boobearthesassmaster