Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

The Next day, I was once again put through training for the interview with Caesar as head game maker, I am supposed to tease the audience with new tricks that will happen in the games this year. I hate having to act as if there's nothing wrong with killing innocent children but this year there is a guy that I am in love with going into the games and I'm not sure I want to plan anything for these games. I want to keep him here away from harm but we all know thats not going to happen.

I have to run through what I am to say when Caesar asks a question. I am told not to slouch when I'm sat down. I am taught how to walk in heels properly because my stylists know I am not a girl who wears all this stuff. I'm not from the capitol.

I try on hundred of different dresses and heels before I am allowed to leave and immediately head to the District 12 headquarters to see Peeta and Misha training with Haymitch and Effie. Prim was giggling at something Haymitch said and Peeta looked pissed.

"Hey Guys." I said sitting next to prim giving her a hug.

"Hey Katniss. Will you tell Peeta he needs to be nice to me?" She asked shooting a teasing glance at him.

"Why what's he doing to you?" I asked.

"He's being mean. He's calling me names and tickling me." She explained and I laughed. I put my hand up to high five him. "Hey that mean! You're both being mean!" She whined and everyone laughed.

"Sorry Prim. But sometimes you have to be mean to survive." I don;t know if that came of as a joke or seriously because yeah if you're reaped you are to fight to the death. You have to be willing to fight other kids just like you. Even in the districts throughout the year, you have to fight and be mean to stay alive and do what you believe is right.

"So are you ready for the interviews?" Misha asked. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

"I'm used to it, I do them every year. The question should be, are you guys ready?"

"I am, I just don't like the idea of wearing a dress." She huffed and I laughed.

"I don't wither and whenever I make an appearance I'm in a dress. It's awful. I'm still not used to it even after five years." I told her and turned to look at Peeta.

"I'm not ready. I don't want to be ready. I don't want to go onto the stage and tell everyone it's fine to be killing people, it's fine to be killed." He said looking at me and I smiled sadly back.

"No one if ever ready for that but I have to tell you, you'll both be fine. You'll get sponsors you're both charming. I mean Misha saved a twelve year old from going into the arena by volunteering and Peeta..." I was cut off.

"Peeta is in love with the head gamer maker." Haymitch finished.

I nodded in agreement. "Exactly."

Cinna came into the room flustered. "You okay there Cinna?" I asked turning everyone's attention towards the man with gold eye liner.

"Yeah, we've just got a lot of work to do in such a short amount of time. So if you don't mind I need to take Misha and Primrose with me. Peeta Portia will be with you in a little while." He said grabbing the two girls and pulling them out of the room. I laughed quietly and sat on Peeta's lap. I leaned down and nuzzled my head into the crook of his neck. I smiled softly.

"Okay. We're going to leave you two love birds to catch up before Peeta is needed to." Haymitch said and dragged Effie out of the room.

I leaned in and kissed him with all the passion I had as if it's the last time I would ever feel his lips on mine. I Then felt his hands on my shoulder pushing me down into a lying position before adding more force to the kiss. He had me pinning to the couch while attacking my neck emitting small moans from me.