Liam

Its been a few days since I returned home to Wolverhampton. Today has been the first real day that I've poked my head out of my creative bubble since deeming the meetings I had in New York a success. Mixing, remixing and layering music taking up most of my time.

"He lives," my mother jokes as I wander into the kitchen, having smelled something cooking. Trying to peek in the pot and getting my hand swatted, I settle into a stool and watch my mom cook.

"You seem in a good mood," my mom offers over her shoulder.

"The music is just really coming together, I think. I feel like it's getting closer to the sound that I want for myself. It's weird you know? Not writing for the boys anymore so I've been bumping against what the mold was for the group vs the sound I want out for me."

She nods, "I knew you would figure it out. I'm happy to hear it." sliding a plate of food in front of me, I murmur my thanks and begin eating. A plate appears across from me as mum sits down. Eating in silence, my eyes flick over to my phone, smiling at the notification.

"Toya?" My mom questions with a knowing smile.

"Yeah. She's pretty funny." I laugh, watching a video she sent.

"So are you dating her yet?"