Toya

Pinching the bridge of my nose, I level a glare at my son. "How are you all able to watch these things? I double checked the computer and web restrictions myself."

Noah shrugs. "Social media."

Dreading the next answer to my question, I look at Liam for support and he's just as speechless as I am. "... Has Aiden been watching this stuff?" Noah shakes his head sharply.

"Aiden still thinks girls have cooties."

I let out an audible sigh of relief and Liam's shoulders visibly relax.

"What about you?" Liam queries, locking eyes with his eleven year old son. Noah shrugs. "I wanted to know what they were saying about mom... I found out and you lied about how babies are made, dad." Noah looks at him and I stifle a laugh. Liam reddens.

"Mom told me the truth ages ago, but it still looks weird."

Z lets out a short laugh as Zoe pats his face, he being only mildly tuned in to the conversation. Gia is running around the living room, getting our tea party set up to her hearts delight and she instructed us to wait in the kitchen. I took it as a good time to quiz my son and be horrified at how much he's truly exposed to, despite my best efforts to shield, but educate the boys.

"Well... now that you know, let's hold off on adding any babies to the family. We have our hands full with Gia and Zoe." Noah nods as Gia bounds into the kitchen and skids to a stop in front of him. He sighs and picks the little girl up, whispering something to her and her face lights up as she wiggles for him to put her down. Taking off again, we all stare at him in confusion, which only deepens when she appears with a crown and a cape.

"Noah is king of the tea party." Gia declares.

"I thought I was?" Liam fake pouts and Gia rolls her eyes at him, laughing.

"No silly, daddy is the court clown! I want to laugh!" Gia bellows and dives into my arms to hide her from a laughing Liam.

"You think daddy is funny?" Liam asks, wounded.

Gia puts her hand on her chin. "Zoe thinks so."

Sure enough, Zoe is watching the scene, baby giggles erupting from her and Gia hops off of my lap to go play peek a boo with her.

Blowing out a relieved breath, I'm glad that the problems brewing earlier have been resolved and peace is back in the house. My mind runs on my meeting with Trista and I wonder what the future will hold for my former friend. I'm not naive, I know when things get too peaceful, that usually means a storm is brewing just below the surface.

What Now?