The Woman in White

Once Piper and Sam had pulled themselves up to the bridge again, Piper started looking around for Dean, before looking down at the water in horror figuring that he must have fallen. "Dean!" She shouted. She let out a sigh of relief when she saw his mud covered body lying on the shore, alive. Dean was the only constant thing in her life. When Sam left their dad had gotten even more strict and distant than usual, so naturally, she had clung to Dean. He had become the only person she could talk to when she was upset (besides Bobby), the person she could look to when she needed to talk or just a laugh. And when things like him jumping off a bridge happened, it scared her, because all it would take is one little mistake and he would be gone. The only other people she could really count on was Sam and Bobby, and who knows how Sam would react if Dean were to die. She shook her head. She had to focus on the task at hand. "Are you alright?" She shouted. He gave the 'Okay' symbol, "Super." Sam laughed and looked at his sister, who returned his smile.

Dean checked out the car, making sure that Constance wasn't controlling it anymore. "Is it okay?" Asked Sam. Dean nodded, "Yeah whatever she did to it is gone now. That Constance chick, what a BITCH!" "Well, she doesn't want us digging around, that's for sure. So what do we do now, genius?" Dean sighed and leaned against the car hood, frustrated. Piper turned to him, " You smell like a toilet." She giggled which made a small smile fall on both of the brothers' faces. It was amazing how childish and optimistic she could be in moments like this. How she could just ignore the danger she had just faced and just laugh, they will never know.

They decided they would need a new room so Dean could shower, they could all rest, and they could figure out a game plan. They spotted a motel a went to check in, "One room." Says Dean throwing his credit card onto the front desk carelessly. The elder man looked at the card, before looking up at Dean, "You guys havin' a reunion or something?" The fact that he didn't seem phased at the sight of Dean's appearance made Piper wonder how many of his other customers had jumped off of a bridge to escape a ghost, but she remained quiet, falling into the role of a shy teen girl trying to make the most of a terrible family road trip. Dean looked at him curiously, "What do you mean?" "Another guy, Burt Aframian, came in and rented a room for the whole month." Dean turned to his brother with a look of disbelief and a touch of annoyance. They told him that 'Burt' was indeed related to them and asked for his room number.

Sam picked the lock to the door to their dad's room, opened it quietly and slipped inside. Piper quickly followed him pulling Dean, who was still standing cluelessly outside, along with her. The room was very messy and was covered with newspaper clippings, photos, and salt. It was a good thing no one else had tried to come in the room, because it would have won John a free trip to the mental hospital and a complementary straight jacket.

They immediately started searching the room for anything useful. Sam went to check out some of the protection charms and the salt lines that John had scattered around the room, Piper looked at the papers pinned to the walls hoping that he had hung them up because they were important and not because he was running out of other places to put them or something, while Dean.... sniffed a half eaten cheeseburger that was sitting on the nightstand. Piper hoped to God that he was sniffing it to see if it had been eaten recently and not because he was hungry. "I don't think he's been here for at least a week." Sam picked up some of the salt and let it fall through his fingers, "Salt? Cat's eye shells? He was worried. He was trying to keep something from coming in." Piper waved her brothers over, "Dad figured it out." They rushed over, "What do you mean?" She pointed at the clippings, "All of the victims had either a wife or a girlfriend. Some even had both." They both raised an eyebrow at that.

Dean coughed and looked at the articles and pictures his dad had pinned up, trying to work out how she managed to make sense of it so quickly, "Anything else?" Piper nodded, "He's pretty sure that she's a woman in white and all of these men cheated on their spouses." Dean smiled and ruffled her hair, "Good job, squirt." She blushed, " Dad figured it out, I just read his notes." Dean shook his head, " It would've taken us five, ten minutes to figure it out from just reading the notes on his wall." Dean glanced at the photos, "You sly dogs." Piper shook her head, "No. They're not dogs, they're pigs. Greasy, filthy, disgusting pigs." She knew that if Constance's husband hadn't cheated on her Constance wouldn't have turned into a woman in white.
Dean whistled, "You really hate guys who cheat, don't you?" Piper rolled her eyes and put her hands on her hips. "What would you do if someone broke MY heart?" Suddenly, all traces of laughter in Dean's face were replaced by a fierce glare, "I'd hunt that son of a bitch down and give him what he deserves." Sam was taken back, he had forgotten how protective Dean could be. Piper's eyes softened when she realized how much that comment had affected him and rubbed Dean's shoulder and, surprisingly, Dean calmed down.