Miranda, My Friend?

There is a song mentioned in here that does not belong to me. Some of the lyrics are mentioned in here also. Notice that they do not belong to me. The right is reserved to whoever owns "Another Cinderella Story."

School was fairly normal, since Rodney and Steve wanted to keep their confession a secret, they decided to only hang out after school. Sara objected at first, but when Rodney said Steve could help after school studying, she had to say yes. Rodney looks very happy now, and Sara didn't want to ruin that. Steve did get good grades, so studying with him will help her get smarter! She just imagined a world without......."retards."

Sara joined the school glee club, because, despite her down syndrome, she could sing and dance pretty well actually. But maybe that was just the medications they were giving her. They were working, she didn't even have to practice singing with Rodney anymore. She sat down on the risers, where they usually sang. The risers were meant for only singing, but KBH had big enough ones that dancing could be appropriate. It kept the viewers entertained, and it was good exercise. Dancing was actually easy for her, even though there were numbers and everything involved. She sat down at a random spot, and somehow she ended up next to Miranda, the most poplar girl in school. She always dressed girly and compared to Sara, Sara looks like a tomboy.

She didn't expect her to talk, but surprisingly she did.

"Hey! How are you, Sara?"

Sara startled, "I...I'm fine. And you?"

"I'm great!" She laughed, "I'm sorry about your condition. I hear you're taking some kind of medication?"

Sara showed Miranda the medication, and decided to pop one into her mouth while she showed her.

"Sara, you should talk to my dad. These medications aren't going to work fully."

Miranda's dad was a doctor and surgeon. They're paid a lot, so Miranda always had the nicest....everything.

"Why?"

"Well, he sorta, found an.....idea....for helping with..."

"With what?" Sara smiled, she knew what Miranda was trying to get, but she was making sure.

"Down syndrome. An operation that will, help."

Sara was ecstatic. Miranda gave her a slip containing her dad's number. Just before that, the bell rang. Ms. Nowlek, the choir instructer walked in, and gave everyone a music sheet. Sara adjusted her glasses to see the title. Everyone knew the song:

"Bang A Drum" By Selena Gomez.

Miranda showed her excitement by looking at me, and clapping. Ms. Nowlek chose some soloists. She wanted to make sure everyone got a solo, so she chose them. She read them off the paper.

Miranda Lenkins.

Hayes Trotter. He must be the jock Sara met earlier.

Jim Ledger. Sara didn't know who he was, but he was one of those smart kids.

Sara Lee.

What?! She just heard her name said. Was it a mistake? Not like she was scared or anything, she loved singing! Ms. Nowlek usually didn't address her much. Miranda screamed at her name in joy! Did she just make another friend?

They practiced the song for a couple days, and practiced the dance moves for a week.

1, 2, 3, 4... Dang it felt good being able to say that.

They had a full practice, with dancing, and even costumes! They each recieved a shirt saying "KBHonors", the name of their club. It looked very graffiti-like, and a black background. Sara thought that skinny jeans would look "gangsta" in them, and everyone seemed okay with the idea. Also the got a hat, graffiti and black just like the shirt, that said KBH. The reason they got all this stuff, was because they were getting to do the half time show. And what's better? Sara gets a full song to solo in, except for the chorus, where everyone chimes in. Miranda did look a little jealous.

After school, Sara talked to Rodney and Steve at Steve's house. They decided go there, since it was definitely nicer than Sara's or Rodney's. No parents where home, so they popped up a few beers. Not enough to get drunk, but nice enough. Sara sat on the chair, while Rodney sort of sat on Steve's lap. They looked cute together. Today they studied some math. Sara hated math, but it was needed to keep her grades up.

Sara left at 5:00. Rodney and Steve basically kissed as soon as Sara left. Sara was  sure they didn't do more than that. She knew Rodney well, and he was a good kid.

Sara hugged Madam Thompson and went straight to bed at 9:30. It was an exhausting day. She didn't care about bullies too much. Something about Miranda made her feel weird. She wasn't sure what.