Chapter 12: To Understand

Ciel's POV

Lady [Y/N].

She's on my mind constantly. It happens so fast. A simple mannerism is enough to start the process.

Why?

I haven't the slightest idea...

Is it getting hotter?

Perhaps I'm ill? No, I didn't wake up with a fever. Perhaps I'm developing one? Yes that must be it.

What was I thinking? Pulling her down into bed with me? Why-

"Young master?" Sebastian strides into the study, wheeling his serving trolley in tow, Cake and Tea perched upon it. Sebastian begins to unload the trolley however I stop him before he can fully do so.

"Leave it there." I reply sternly.

"What troubles you, young master?" He asks. I lean forward resting my arm on the desk with my hand under my chin

"I'm fine Sebastian. You can leave now." I turn my head away, waving him off.

"As you wish." I hear the door shut. Finally I'm alone with my thoughts.

My heart races when she's around. It probably shouldn't do that, right? This is unbelievable.  I am Ciel Phantomhive. The Queens Guard Dog. If I can't figure out something as simple as this then what use am I to-

Impossible. There's no way.

I'm not-

Readers POV

The past is not something to dwell upon. Of all people I should know that. Even so, to forget something so sinister is unheard of. I'd rather not have these memories plague and absorb my mind. Yet, I find some semblance of comfort within them. It's unbelievable. Unthinkable. To feel so warm in the presence of a heinous memory.

Sighing, I stand from my seat, sauntering over towards the window. 
I open the window welcoming the cold winds into the room.

I take a deep breath.

"On with the day then."

------------------------------------

The past of this story will change. Please bear with me as I move ahead in editing. Enjoy this chapter. It will not change. My suggestion is to read from the beginning when the editing process is finalized. I'm sorry, I've made you start all over.

I will explain eventually. I promise.
I'm sorry. I was lost for so long. I was selfish and took time for myself. I'm back now. I don't think I'll be going anywhere any time soon.
I'm sorry I was lost for so long. I was selfish and took time for myself. I'm back now. I don't think I'll be going anywhere any time soon.