Chapter 1: The Meeting

Hey you, yes YOU. I edited the prologue because I didn't like it after posting it so if its your first time reading this then don't worry it doesn't affect you. And excuse the errors, I'm the type to write and do mild editing which is very bad but please bare with me TT.TT 

Read, vote, comment, share if you're enjoying this so far :)

Also, the moment you all have been waiting for; the vampire.  ;)

-Thalia 

--------------

Chapter 1: The Meeting

It's three in the morning, I was still in last nights clothes and I'm groggy as hell. Trying to keep my eyes open, I remembered I fell asleep on the couch and I had in total of four hours of sleep. With the lights on, forgetting to turn them off before I passed out from the brightness it made. 

Squinting, I stood up and dropped back down from the sound of my bones of my stiff back crack.

As I muttered a few curses, I stood back up and turned of the lights. A little irritated from the lack of sleep and a minor headache, headed for the kitchen for a glass of water my dry throat desperately needed. To lazy to pour myself a glass, I open the cupboards and take one of the water bottles and chug it. Left with an empty bottle, I turn to toss it into the trash to come face to face with an overly sized trash bag beside the trash can. 

Recalling my mom's words, immediately the horrible smell of the trash infiltrated by sense of smell. With a grimace and a long sigh, I quickly took the over sized trash bag out from the trash can, and lunged it over my shoulder exiting out my home. Keys on hand, I turn off the lights and lock the door. Going down the stairs, skipping two at a time I reach the lobby. No one else in sight I don't worry about making too much noise. Before I could push the glass double doors, the cold air surrounded me. Shivering, I noticed goosebumps formed on my arms from the wind touching my skin. Realizing I forgot my jacket in my room, I sped up my pace not wanting to be freezing any longer than I had too.

With no more distractions, I walk towards behind my apartment building where everyone in Winter Islands as residents threw their trash inside a huge dumpster. The dumpster wasn't anything extravagant, it was a dark green color with a black lid with a few graffiti tagged words on it. Although being behind a building so late, the sight of the dumpster castes an ominous feel I started to feel uneasy. I tried not to let the late night or early morning get to me, but this time my fears weren't personal but rational. The urge to run inside up to my room and wish the sun would come out became more real. I wasn't ever the type who got afraid of the dark, but for some reason I had the urge to turn the other way. And the fact that it was still dark out and the light post was flickering on and off got my nerves kicking. 

My mom always said to follow your gut and right now I so badly want too yet why do I remain still?

Wiping the sweat that accumulated on my forehead, I pushed all thoughts aside. A click of my tongue, I mentally scolded myself for even getting afraid.

Enough Ash, what the hell is wrong with you? Just hurry up and throw out the trash and get back inside the house.

Nodding to my own pep talk, I swiftly neared the dumpster and removed the lid. Not even a minute passed, I immediately started coughing by the stench of the amount of trash that's in the dumpster dropping the lid back in its place.