Chapter 4: Scare

After watching Scarlett brutally throw 10 bricks into the train, she finally let out a frustrated cry and dropped to the ground. Remaining in my position, I watched her scowl get deeper as she mumbled to herself. Since it was so quiet in here, her mumbles were loud and clear.

"Why can't I freaking remember? Like what the hell! My head doesn't even hurt, so why aren't my memories coming back? Sure, I hurt a couple of people in the past but they deserved it! Honestly, god if you exist I am expecting results!" she said raising her voice with each word. But the very last thought she whispered to herself. "I'm not even a... stop no more of that." And with that, she sat up and her gaze landed on me.

Feeling caught for staring and listening, I quickly looked away. Hearing her shuffle, I knew she got up and was coming my way. Gulping my fear, I kept my eyes on my shoes and nothing else. Sitting down next to me, in arm's length away she threw a chipped tile onto the ground making me jump. Chuckling, she smirked at my reaction and shook her head. Scowling myself, I scouted away keeping my arms in the pockets of my sweater not wanting to speak to her just yet. As silence built up between us I didn't know if I should just get up and leave, or make a run for the car and ditch her, but I knew those were really bad ideas. I mean she's a vampire, quicker and stronger than me. Getting lost in my own inner debate on how to try to get Scarlett of my case I didn't miss her haunting words.

"It's useless to try to get away from me. And don't try to lie, its written all over your face Sebastian."

Feeling the hair on my arms rise, I didn't bother trying to hide. "I'm sorry?"

"Whatever." She sighed. "You're issue of me being a bother isn't as strong on how I feel about you humans. What is more important is me trying to remember what brought me to that trash bin, and why it was so close to you humans. I'm not a fool to wander around, and get drunk or high and fall into a huge pile of trash." She stated with an annoyed expression.

Nodding to what she said, I couldn't help but believe it. Scarlett doesn't look like someone who would come here and easily fall into a huge pile of trash.

"Maybe you tripped and hit your head so hard that you can't remember it? I mean. I've seen a lot of vampire movies, and when one of your kind get blood thirsty they lose their senses, so maybe you were so thirsty to remember anything?" I said turning to her hoping my answer wasn't offensive; I still want to live. Keeping my eyes on her, her once slight grip of the platform's edge was getting tighter, my own heartbeat was getting faster.

"For your information, you seriously need to forget everything you learned about vampires from films. Just because one human gets brought into our world doesn't make them an expert on us. When vampires are on a blood craze, we don't forget the things we do. We don't get the privilege to be able to do something wrong and forget. No, we are the spawn of all darkness, we don't get to run away from our problems." She paused, and I didn't miss the cracking sound coming from underneath her hand.

"Yeah, only fools would think they could. But, it's starting to get late so why don't we start heading back before-"

"Not even drunks forget, they may say they do, but deep down they know what they did and are only trying hard to believe what they did was just one bad nightmare. And that's the thing about nightmares, the more you push them away the more they pull back harder." she said darkly. Not sounding like herself, I knew we hit a dam. Her body started to shake. Breathing in and out quickly, her fangs came out and her pupils were dilating really fast. Scared shitless at what she could do in this state, I started panicking. Not wasting any time, I rose to my feet and tried to calm the raging vampire in front of me.