Chapter 2: Encounter

Here's chapter 2 everyone! Enjoy :) 

--------------

My eyes burned from the lack of sleep. I couldn't sleep at all last night because my head was in a whirlwind of thoughts trying to understand that I saw a vampire whose name I did not know. The moment she finally disappeared into the night and I couldn't see her anymore I locked every single window and door I had. Along with checking on Aiden, I couldn't sleep from the creeping fear of her returning and tearing down my door wanting to kill both my son and I. In the end, I ended up not sleeping at all and spending all night in front of a computer screen trying to find as much information I can on vampires. I even rummaged through my fridge for garlic, placing one in both my room and in Aiden's.

In my room with the lights off, I came to a conclusion that no one is really safe anymore. 

Just thinking of how I have school today caused me to groan then jump at the sound of the clock striking seven in the morning. No one in my family is safe with that vampire waiting for me to do her biding and I couldn't leave Aiden on his own. Dragging my hands over my face, I could feel the bags under my eyes form while I lay on my bed trying to clear my head. I'll be honest, I wish I could say that last night was just a bad nightmare but the leftover smell of rubbing alcohol and the towels I used were a clear sign that everything last night was real and not a figment of my imagination.

Sighing, the sound of my alarm startled me and reminded me I had to get ready for school. Trying to push myself off the bed, the sound of my apartments door being knocked on a little forcibly I sat up straight. Remaining quiet, I knew last nights promise rang true and I got rigid.

It had to be her, no it is her! Maybe if I stay quiet she'll go away...

Holding my breathe, the knocking stopped. Slowly and quietly, I stood up and let out my straggled breath to jump again from her new persisting knocking. 

"Hey! I know you're there and awake, so you better open this damn door before I break it down." she demanded through the door. Her voice clear from any joking, I went straight for the door and barely opening it before her hand smacked against the door and pushed it wide enough for her to step in. With the door closed, I regained my composure. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked, no longer feeling tired but wide awake with her presence.

"I told you I was coming back, now where do I sleep?" she responded with a smirk.

"No... you can't stay here. You had to have slept somewhere last night when you left so get out and-"

"There's no other place I can stay damn it, and I didn't sleep at all last night." she said looking at the clock that was nailed the wall behind me. Before I could respond, I took note of her clothes and saw they were the exact same ones from yesterday.

"Well, my...my  mom won't allow a stranger to sleep in her house anyways."

"From what I can tell your mom looks like she'll let me stay for a couple of weeks. Call it what you will but my reliable source of being able to tell what a person is like just by stepping in their house tells me I am right and the fact that you told me she's a nurse, won't let a girl whose homeless to be on her own so don't you dare lie." She smiled sweetly. 

"But why my house? Can't you go where ever you came from?" I asked before I could stop myself. Daring to take a glance at her, her hot stinging glare made me want to eat my words.