chapter 3

(Name) yawned. It was another boring day at Aoba Jousai. Her best friend was occupied with her new boyfriend, she thought bitterly. Now I am that girl that sits in the corner alone. She sighed and stared at the clock, waiting for the bell to ring.

It was lunch break. And the (Hair Color) haired female had to sit alone. Again. (Best Friend) was always sitting with Oikawa now. After all (Name)'s help to get them together, they ditched her without muttering a word of thanks! How infuriating.

Apparently, the world could care less.

Every time (Name) would try to strike a conversation with her best friend, the only thing that spouted from her mouth was:

"Omg, Oikawa is so kawaii!"

"Oikawa is so funny!"

"Oikawa is the best!"

Every time (Name) would try to strike a conversation with Oikawa, the only thing that spouted from his mouth was "(Best Friend) is such a cutiepie!" "(Best Friend) is hilarious!" "I love (Best Friend)!"

(Name) admitted, it was nice to see them being so happy and infatuated with each other. But seeing as she already lost her love of her life to her best friend, she was unhappy. And not only that, she lost her best friend too! There wasn't any girl talk anymore. Everything was "Oikawa" this and "Oikawa" that. (Name) also felt that (Best Friend) is starting to see her as a love rival. She noticed small glares coming from her own friend, sometimes being ignored. All those little hints.

She rushed outside, breathing in the fresh air. She felt excited to visit Kageyama and watch him practice.

"(Name)-chan! (Name)-chan!" Oikawa grabbed your shoulder. She turned you head.

"What?" (Name) asked, though it sounded more like a statement.

"Want to come with me to see a movie with (Best Friend)? Iwa-chan is there too!" Oikawa asked hopefully. (Name) clicked her tongue in response and shrugged off his hand.

"No. I'm busy, see you later," she held up her hand briefly with a small wave and she ran off. Oikawa felt a small feeling of hurt blossom in his chest.

"Eh? She never declined before.." He looked down with disappointment. (Best Friend) feigned sadness but chuckled inwardly.

"We don't need her Oikawa-chan!"
°•°•°•°•°•°•°
(Name) could hear sneakers squeaking and balls hitting the floor. She slipped inside and waved at Kageyama.

"Hi Kageyama!" She called out. Everyone stared at her. (Name) flushed under their stares.

"H-Hi," he muttered. "Just sit on the bench and watch, ok?" He ruffled your hair and went back to his position.

"WOW YOU'RE A PRETTY GIRL!" Nishinoya popped in front of her and held both of her hands in his.

"HOW DO YOU KNOW KAGEYAMA?! DID HE BLACKMAIL YOU?!" Tanaka made the 'thug' face at Kageyama. The male started to protest.

"Um, he didn't. I'm just a friend of his. I came to watch, that's all," (Name) modestly patted their backs awkwardly. Then, a beautiful female walked in, with black hair and stunning blue-gray eyes. The two males lunged at her.

"SHIMIZU-SAAAAANN."

CRASH.

"Wow that was close!" (Name) laughed and bowed. "I'm (Name)!"

"I'm Shimizu Kiyoko. Kiyoko is fine. I'm a third year and the manager of this team," she introduced herself. "Those two were Nishinoya and Tanaka. There's Kageyama. The guy with orange hair is Hinata. Tsukishima is the tall guy and Yamaguchi is the guy next to him. Sugawara has gray hair, Daichi is the captain, and Asahi is the one with the bun!"

"Oooohh, ok!" (Name) nodded and tried to memorize all those names. She smiled and watched them practice.

Once practice was over, she zoomed to Kageyama.

"KAGEYAMA THAT WAS AMAZING!!" She exploded. "YOU TOSSED THE BALL TO HINATA AND THEN THE BALL WENT 'WHAM!' 'POW!'" She raised her arms and brought them down, showing the 'POW!'

"Wow, speak Japanese, shrimpy," Tsukishima sneered, with Yamaguchi beside him.

"Learn Japanese if you can't understand it, giraffe," (Name) retorted and laughed. She grinned and dragged Kageyama outside.

"O-Oi! What're you doing?!" Kageyama blushed as the contact. Yes, they were holding hands.

"Eh? It's just holding hands," (Name) said. "I'm not going to kill you." She giggled and stood on her tip toes. She pecked his cheek and ran off.

"Bye Tomato-chan!"

"Y-You idiot!" Kageyama muttered. Little did they know, a certain brown haired male from Aoba Jousai had witnessed what happened.

"(Name)-chan.."