chapter 5

❝There is no key to happiness; the door is always open.❞

(Name) snorted after she read the quote. If it were so easy, she would've been happy a long time ago.

She stopped scrolling on her phone to prevent walking in front of a speeding car. She jogged to school, in no particular rush. (Name) spotted an onyx haired male and ran up to greet him.

"Yo, Kageyama! See you at practice?" (Name) gave him a soft smile.

"Y-Yeah," he looked away, pink dusting his cheeks after recalling their last encounter. Kageyama gulped inaudibly and bent down to kiss (Name)'s forehead. She froze and her heartbeat quickened. He ducked his head and muttered a soft farewell and quickly walked away. (Name) blushed and shouted a goodbye and ran off. Her hands rose to her cheeks, feeling the warmth of her face compared to her cold hands.

"(Name)-chaaaann!" A brown haired male ran up to her, holding her hands in his. "Wow, you must be cold! Your face is all red!" (Name) chuckled; she knew the real reason why her face was such a color.

She shook her head anyway. "No, I'm fine."

"Well, if you say so," Oikawa reluctantly pulled away, but wrapped his scarf around her neck for a good measure.

From a distance, a girl was watching, seething. She couldn't make out what was being said, but after seeing what she saw, that said enough. She hid behind a tree, her fists clenched in outrage. "(Surname) (Name), I will get revenge. I finally got my love, and you take the spotlight once again."