chapter 11

"I-I.. Oikawa..?" (Name) stuttered. She could hear Kageyama swearing under his breath, glaring at the other setter.

"Get the hell away from her!" Oikawa stomped over to Kageyama, pulling (Name) by the arm. The female surpressed tears; his grip on her limb was so painful. A growl erupted from Kageyama's throat, and with that, he grabbed Oikawa and shoved him away, forcing his hold on (Name)'s arm to loosen. She yanked herself away, falling into Kageyama's arms. His arms wrapped around her like a protective wall, and Oikawa was trying to break it. Her head spun and a phrase rushed through her mind. Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger!

She chuckled. Now isn't the time, (Name). She decided to stop things right then and there.

"Stop, Oikawa!" (Name) screamed and slapped his cheek, leaving a bright red mark. "What the hell are you doing?!" Her hand stung, but it wasn't the only thing that was throbbing. Her heart hurt, and she knew it. She knew why, but she needed to move on.

"I'm here for you, (Name)-chan!" Oikawa said with pleading eyes. (Name) felt her heart stop, staring into Oikawa's glossy brown eyes. "I broke up with (Best Friend).."

(Name) exhaled the breath she didn't notice she was holding. "You.. You what?" Her eyes widened with shock as she let that sink into her head. Kageyama took her limp hand and lightly squeezed it.

"She's not interested, Oikawa-san," Kageyama's loud voice shook (Name) out of her shock. She smiled fondly at the first year, nuzzling her face in his jacket's sleeve. Oikawa frowned and parted with a sentence that left the couple in confusion.

"I'll be back for her."