n i n e t e e n

Savannah

"So you didn't kiss him?" Zeynep questioned taking a scoop of my ice cream.

"No, he tried to but I backed away so quick. I love Landon, forreal you know? I know it's quick but I know what I have. He's a good man."

She swallowed her ice cream nodding. "I understand, I can't say I love Chris but I have a strong liking."

"What's stopping you?"

"His lifestyle. I'm so scared to give my all to him. I hate to bring it up but his history with women would make anyone hesitant right? I'm just not trying to give my all and he cheats or something and I lose him. I can't lose nobody else Sav."

"Like how you lost Czar." I sighed taking a scoop of the ice cream myself.

"Exactly. I can't go through it again."

"Have you had this conversation with him already?"

"No... I mean. What do I say? I don't trust you even though you haven't given me a reason not to. Your past is just embedded in my memory?"

"Trust has to be earned, so given his past he should understand Zey."

She shrugged. "I hope so, I really do like him."

I patted her leg before standing up. "It'll be alright love bug."

"Where you going?"

"I have to go meet with Bey. She wanted to discuss something with me."

"So you guys are like... friends?"

"Yeah, kinda." I chuckled.

"You are winning at life. Gone on witcha bad self."

"You sound so old Zey." I laughed. "I'll call you later, I love you."

"Love you too snookums."

I exited her home and unlocked the door to my Cadillac and got in pressing the push to start. I peeled out of her driveway and made my way to the location Bey sent me. I soon arrived at the Marriot hotel and went up to the room she'd sent me. I finally found room 423 and lightly knocked on the door. There was slight shuffling and soon enough she was opening the door. My eyes naturally widened at her attire, I knew she was comfortable around me but not this comfortable.

She wore a white laced bra, white laced underwear and a white long sleeved button down shirt over it that wasn't buttoned up.

"Hey." She said in her raspy southern voice as she turned away from me going back into the room.

"Hey, what's up?" I entered the behind her closing the door softly.

"Honestly, nothing. Just wanted to talk. I don't surround myself around many people, so I don't have too many people that I call my friend. You are one of few." She chuckled slightly taking a seat on the bed and I sat down next to her.

"I'm glad you consider me a friend Bey." I smiled. "What you wanted to talk about? First of all, why you in a hotel?"

She took her hair out of the tight bun it was in allowing her hair to fall messily and she brushed it out of her face. "Jay. He refused to leave the house so I left. I'm having a house built as we speak. Not sure how long it'll take but I'm laying low until then. I don't need this in the blogs, not yet."

"But a hotel? I'm sure Landon would let you stay at his home momentarily until you got situated."

"No, no it's fine."

"No, I'm gonna call him." I insisted. I pulled out my phone dialing Landon's number and it rang about 3 times before he answered.

"Yeah baby, wassup?"