Chapter 5

So, I thought I'd try and update at least a bit... But I don't know how regularly I'll update this book... ~ Ali

Reader's POV
I mumbled a few words to myself, slightly annoyed at the fact those sorcerers could think I was... Was nothing! Sure, I didn't think of myself more important than others, but I was still royalty! For my kindness, I at least expected respect... But then again, it's Sorcerers were are talking about. They don't know me. They don't truly know me. I smiled weakly up at the male that was above me and stayed silent. The awkward atmosphere between the three of us was surely somehting... Where's another girl when you- "Oh, h-heya..." I heard a small squeak come from somewhere. I smiled widely- she's back! "Alice-! I just-... Hi..." I said awkwardly, avoiding some of the glares and looks I was getting from the paople who passed us by. She smiled back in response and it went back to awkward silence once again. I twiddled my thumbs the best I could with the restraints and kept my gaze at the floor. "S-so uh... What was it you needed to talk about-" I said, being cut off by a slight flash of realisation in the purple sorcerer's eyes. "Oh yes! I was going to say- or ask, more a less... Since you've proven in your short stay that you are practically no threat," He began... These words wounded my a bit. No threat? I can wield a sword! I can shoot a bow and arrow! I wasn't weak, I was just helpless at the time being! "I was wondering, with the slight nudge from my dear sister here..." He said, sarcastically speaking the word dear... "If you'd like to stay with her for now. I'd understand why this would come off as... Uh..." "How about weird?" I heard a small mumble escape Alice's lips. "Yes, confusing, but Alice doesn't know many females. I think it would be good for her. Also, we can't have a prisoner damaging themselves, can we?" He said, grinning lightly. The offer was nice, it really was... But what if this was a trick? I sighed, nodding my head slowly, it only a small motion. What was there to lose...?

Short, I know, but as I said, they're going to be shorter from now on. Hope you guys like it ~ Ali