Only Time Will Tell

As the morning rays begin to filter themselves through the branches and leaves of the trees from the forest, a few of Lore's men began to muster. They were each in small groups of either five or six with a total of about 5 packs. Lore thought that should more than enough to acquire the children. 

"Spit!" Lore howled into the chilling morning air, his breath taking form after being released from his blood lusting mouth. The wolf, currently in human form, that fled from Auron and others strode towards the slim figure who was his master. Spit was the perfect name for him since he was worth no more than spit itself. 

Spit wasn't much of a looker. Acne attacked his face in vast numbers in several areas of his pale face including his forehead, chin, nose and cheeks. His nose pointed at some other angle than what it was supposed to be due to being broken just about seven times from failing Lore; seven times. Every failed attempt was displayed upon Spit's nose.

He also had pointy ears that nearly shot through his short deep brown hair. Spit stood around five feet and ten inches and weighed in around one-oh-five.

Pathetic excuse for a henchman, Lore thought. He might as well said it aloud with the way he was looking at Spit and the language of his body.  Lore was facing straight ahead but his sharp eyes cut over in the direction of Spit, looking and studying him up and down in disgust. His mouth with a disappointing yet pitiful frown, almost like he smelled something bad. Standing with his weight shifted onto one leg, he had his arms folded loosely across his chest when Spit brought up the courage to actually look at his master's face.

"Tell me something, Spit." Lore pronounced every letter of his name in high detail. "What was your name before the current one you have now? You know, not the name... 'Spit.'"

Spit, for some reason began shaking mildly where he stood. He could almost feel the heat of hatred radiating off of master. "Well, uh, sir, my old name used to be Roman, master. Roman Hurcole." 

"My reason behind my asking, not like I need to explain this to you of all people, is because I've been thinking about my poor nephew. I'll get to that part soon enough. You say you and the other two were 'attacked,' correct?" Lore put up air quotes when he said 'attacked' to emphasize his disbelief of Spit being defeated my mere children.

Nervous, Spit glanced over in the direction of the large crowd ready to prowl hunt through the forest. Lore tapped on his shoulder and brought Spit's focus back on himself. "Uh, I'm over here. Not over there with the people who actually get their job done. Now, yes or no, did you get into a fight with the children?"

Spit began with "Yes, but-" when he was cut off by Lore who held up an index finger.

"Yes, or no. Not yes, no, or but." Lore shook his head. If there was anything else left to describe exactly how he felt about Spit, they couldn't be formed into words. He was so dim-witted. 

"If there was a fight," Lore continued, "there should be battle scars. Am I right?" Lore raised an eyebrow, awaiting his response. Yes or no, he thought.

"Yes, sir." Spit looked at the moist grass.

"Ah, and I see you have none." Lore coughed a little. "Excuse me, had none." His finger nail lengthened and sharpened to a staggering point and raked it down the side of Spit's cheek. Blood began seeping through the gash in Spit's face who recoiled in pain. He started bringing his hand to his cheek and then decided to accept it. Still staring at the ground, a single tear shed from Spit's eye and took a long plunge to the grass below.

"I would lick this blood," Lore started. "But your face is too horrendous for my taste." Instead of ingesting the dark crimson blood, Lore dropped to a knee and ran his elongated finger nail through the wet grass back and forth. Before returning to his standing position, he checked both the top and the space underneath his nails. When everything checked out to his standards and was back to standing, he once again turned half his attention on Spit.