Prologue

This is a book written by JoshKing and makenajade. My (Josh) intentions on this book is to get it completed and and sent off to publishers by the time I graduate in June.

Any chapters with '(Auron)' in the title is in his POV and written by Josh , any chapter with '(Tamara)' in the title is in her POV and written by Makena, and any chapters with no name in the titles can either be written by Josh or Makena. Those chapters are not in POV but revolve around the antagonist of the story.

Copyright © PalletTownKids 2011

_________________________________________________________________________________

Most families consist of a somewhat normal lifestyle, which is always a good thing. Good nor bad things happen to the 'normal' families. It's a rare occasion when they do. What are the chances of your mom being a well-known doctor who somehow finds the vaccine to one of the worlds deadliest viruses; or your dad running in a presidential campaign with promises and proof to cure the world of corruption? What are the chances of your parents and everyone you know and love being brutally murdered in the middle of the night you were celebrating your thirteenth birthday party by a pack of wild animals?

I'll tell you this: your mom will probably never find a vaccine for a virus let alone become a well-praised doctor and your dad was probably never going to be a candidate in politics. However, the chances of your entire family being killed right before your adolescent eyes are most likely lower than that of having famous parents. Maybe one in a million right? How about four in a million.

Three of my closest friends and I are that four in one million people. The 'unfortunate' ones.

But don't worry, 'death gives way to life' and in this case, that life is for me to strive to survive and live the rest of my days on this big blue planet.

[A/N: The quote in the last line is from the book 'The Secret Life of Bees' by Sue Monk Kidd.]