Chapter 10

"Zayn why are we at an art place?" I asked him as we got out of the car.

"I enjoy art so I thought I would take you to do something that I enjoy," he told me as he grabbed my hand leading me into the small building. As we entered I saw that there was actually a lot of people around. Mostly older women though.

"Um what are we going to do? Look at art," I was slightly confused because I didn't see art littering the walls.

"No we are going to be the ones painting," he told me going up to the counter and giving the lady his name. She smiled at the two of us before telling us to pick any spot in the room. Zayn immediately heads for the back.

"I think we should sit closer to the middle. We need to see what we are going to be drawing," I told him. He rolled his eyes at me but listens and we sat closer to the front. I was a little nervous to say the least. I was not a very good artist. My drawings from school never stayed on the fridge for very long. They were always replaced by one of my sisters drawings rather quickly.

"S0 my name is Jeni and I'm going to be leading this class today. It's pretty simple though. I will show you a drawing and you will do your own interpretation of it. That's pretty much it," she said removing the cloth from over the painting. It was a pretty simple painting of the woods. But I knew mine would never look like that.

"So, do you do this often?" I asked Zayn trying to figure out how I was ever going to paint this.

"Um no I usually just stick with my cartoon drawings and graffiti, but my mom used to do this with her friends so I thought this would be fun for a first date," he said smiling at me. I looked at his drawing to see he was taking a darker approach to it. His painting had much darker greens, greys and blacks, while the original was a much sunnier forest. Zayn did seem to enjoy the dark side of things.

"So, on our second date do I get to take you to a football game?" I jokingly asked him.

"Um sports aren't my thing."

"Well art isn't my thing," I shot back sending him a glare. He didn't seem to notice my comment as he kept drawing. I tried to make mine look decent but it still just didn't look anything like it was supposed it. It looked more like a three year olds painting then a 17 year olds. Zayn's on the other hand looked amazing. We continued to paint in silence and I was beginning to feel like this date was not going to well. We were barely taking because Zayn was to focused on his painting to pay attention to me.

"Your painting looks a lot like mine," I heard someone say besides me. I turned to see a Maddie, a girl from my school. She was a pretty blonde who used to have a massive crush on Harry.

"Yeah I was just never a good artist," I told her giving up hope of making this picture look better. My mom would put it on the wall until she could take it down without hurting my feelings.

"Me ether. My mom makes me come to this thing with her and her friends. They do this every week, but mostly they sit, drink wine and gossip about people," Maddie said rolling her eyes when her mother obnoxiously laughed.

"That sounds awful. Thank god my mom doesn't make me do that, but she would probably make my sisters do that. Not me," one of my many benefits of having lots of siblings.

"My mom takes me to tons of stupid stuff, but she buys me stuff and I get to spend time with her, so it's not so bad," I laughed with her when suddenly I felt eyes on me. I turn to see Zayn glaring at the two of us.

"Are you done?" He asked me still glaring.

"Um yeah I am," I told him. I grabbed my painting and saved a goodbye to Maddie. We quickly left and I could tell that Zayn was not very happy.

"Do you like Chinese?" He suddenly asked me as we got back into his car.

"Yes?" I said making it sound more like a question than an answer.

"Good because that's the next part of our date," he said not looking at me.

"Did I do something to upset you?" I blurted out.

"Well I mean it's not very nice to flirt with someone else while your on a date with someone," he muttered.

"I wasn't flirting with Maddie. I was just talking to her because you were ignoring me," I stated. I was now angry with him. How could he think that I would be that rude to him.

"I was not ignoring you," this was not going to be an enjoyable dinner.

A/N
So I know it's been a long time since I've updated but I've had a extremely difficult year. I'm very glad that 2015 is done because it's been the worst year of my life. I will hopefully start updating this more often but I never know with my schedule. So please just be patient with me.