CHAPTER ix

Robyn's POV

After I was sure Onika was asleep I went back downstairs. The party was still live and half of the crew was still sitting on the stairs, their eyes even lower than before.

"Aye, where'd you go?" Aubrey laughed, his eyes red while he stuffed his face with a rather large platter of nachos. Zendaya and Kehlani laughed too stealing a few of his cheesier chips. They were high out of their minds, like to the point where they were borderline drooling on themselves. "Where's Rocky and Cole?"

They all looked at each other then back at me and shrugged their shoulders before laughing their asses off. Mac came out of nowhere and sat down, "Rocky left with some chick and Cole's in the pool with your girl's sis."

"Thank you white boy Mac," I teased, rubbing the short reddish-brown hair at the top of his head.

"So you hit that thang upstairs?" Aubrey asked raising his thick eyebrows. He was my brother's best friend and had been since they were in kindergarten and when I came from Barbados to live with my dad in seventh grade he treated me just like one of the boys... which was bittersweet at times.

"Nah," I lied. I don't know why, usually I didn't give a damn about how everyone saw the girls I slept with after I slept with them. But I didn't want to put her business out there.

"Whatever," they all said, but I ignored them turning in time to see a wet Cole walking in with a bikini-clad Tae, his hand on her lower back. They were talking softly to one another as if they were sharing an intimate moment.

I smiled, my brother had a way with the ladies in a way I never did. He was a gentleman, he cared... I'm not saying he never did any dog shit, but he didn't treat these hoes like I did. I didn't have those cute little moments, I had never even been in a relationship before.

"Hey Robyn, where's my sister?" Tae asked me, pulling one of Cole's black t-shirts over her curly hair.

"Yeah, where is she?" Zendaya laughed looking up at me.

I flipped her off before responding to Tae, "she's asleep in my room." Mac, Aubrey and Kehlani all started whistling and barking.

"Chill with all that disrespectful shit, yo," Cole settled them down.

Tae looked me in the eye, then her eyes trailed down to my neck where there was at least three hickies from back when I was at their house.

"She uh, she was a little tired after our... talk and fell asleep."

"Well can you go get her, I'm about to leave. I'm sleepy," she asked yawning.

"Its cool babygirl, you can head out. Rih can drop her off in the morning... Y'all parents won't trip, right?" Cole said.

"Yeah, lets do that. And nah my parents are outta town so its okay. Just make sure she's safe or I'm kicking everybody's ass. I don't play about my baby sis."

We all laughed but her face remained serious, it was crazy how much her and Nicki looked alike. She turned to leave but came back and got close enough to whisper into my ear.

"I know y'all nasty asses didn't just 'talk' don't play me for a fool, Robyn." She said before kissing my cheek and telling everyone goodnight and to make it home safe.

I smiled a little, getting ready to call it a night myself. I walked over to one of Cole's friends who had set up a DJ booth and took the mic. He cut off the music causing the remaining thirty people to look at me.

"Aye, this shit was fun a few hours ago but ya'll asses need to roll up out my fuckin' house. Ya'll got bout five minutes or Cole and Drake kickin' ya ass," they nodded up at me letting me know they would handle it as I went to bed.