chapter 6- 28 days

" Marley! Are you there or not?" my dad said, his voice getting louder. I stayed silent, not daring to move a
muscle. i looked up at Benedict, he too was still, his face just centre-metres away from mine. I was praying my father wouldnt walk in, not only would me and Benedict never see each other again, but my dad would call the police and have him put away.

and it would all be my fault, i know deep down me and Benedict are never going to work out, but there is something so intrigueing about him and the possibility of being in a relationship with him by far outweighs anything against him.
i could hear my dad retreating to his bedroom at the end of the hall. i let out a heavy breath, Benedict smiled playfully and kissed me once more. i could feel his soft lips smiling into the sensual yet calm kiss.
" i should probably resign from teaching at your school," he said, moving my wispy hair behind my small ears. " i would understand if you did leave, but when would i see you?" i asked, slightly stepping away. I knew he should leave, but i knew that it would make it even harder to persue a relationship with him if he wasnt at school. " i dont want to leave, but my profession means more to me than you." he said with a certain politeness, his words stung, i knew that he was being sensible, afterall, he barely knew me, but it still stung nonetheless.
" That was an unnecessary comment." i proclaimed coldly, walking outside the bathroom backwards, i was standing in the middle of the corridor eyeing him up with a look of distain. i continued to walk into my room, leaving him alone, in his tight white underwear, in my bathroom.

6 hours passed like seconds and it was soon 7am, i was already downstairs stairing intently at the cream toaster, waiting for my chilli bread to toast. I could hear my mum walk through, her bleach blonde hair tightly scraped in a ponytail as she walked through with an apple. She sat at the kitchen table while i buttered my toast, i heard the stair gate shut and turned my head to see Benedict, his mop of curly hair all messy as he run his hands through it. Despite his unruly hair, he was wearing a suit-as usual- and he made his way to the table where he sat down, and reached for a banana from the vintage fruit bowl. I took my plate to the table and began devouring my food, crumbs laced my otherwise pristine uniform.
" i'll give you a lift if you want." Benedict said inbetweem mouthfuls of moist banana, my only other option was walking with Helena which i did not wish to do, so i opted for the ride. I grabbed the TV remote and turned on the movie channel, although christmas had passed, christmas films still filled the channels like the plague. i put on a random channel and the film Love Actually was on. the scene with Martin Freeman and Joanna Page came on. " If i was gay i would totally date Martin, he's so cute." Benedict said to my surprise, i didnt really have him down as a person to call others cute.
' Im leaving now, so if you're not ready you're not coming," He said, grabbing his breifcase, and opening the front door for me. i followed him into the rain, practically running towards his car. Once we were both seated he placed his hand onto my thigh and leaned in to kiss. As i admittedly have no self control, i kissed him back. Things started to get steamy and he was undoing my shirt buttons when we heard someond drop their bag and scream. We both turned to the side of the car where Helena-who i had forgotton to inform-  was expecting to walk with me she looked gobsmacked, her face formed an O as she realised what was happening.