chapter 9- 26 days

" Why didn't you tell me?" I said, my eyes refusing to meet with Benedict's. I was curled up in a ball his room, I had stopped crying but yet whenever I uttered a word my eyes begun to sting and the sudden urge to ball my eyes out appeared. My mind was completely racing, I knew that obviously nothing serious could come of the fling, it was all a bunch of silly games and jokes. Which is why I found it so strange that I was so distraught, why should this effect me in such a manner. I couldn't even comprehend the amount of anger and disgust I had for Benedict, and it was all my fault, I had eagerly beckoned him into committing adultery, I was mostly to blame. I acted so irrational, the prospect of being happy and in a relationship with him made me go delusional with irresponsibility.

" You didn't answer my question Sir." I hoarsely whispered, my red, dampened eyes peeping from my behind my knees to look at him. " I told you you can call me Benedict," He said calmly, refusing to break our gaze. " I hardly think that's appropriate," I responded, clenching my teeth in an effort to remain in control and seem less like the immature child that I was. Soon as I saw Benedict's lips begin to move I quickly stood up.

" I thought we were just messing around Marley, I didn't believe anything serious could happen, but I was wrong, it wa-"

" you're right, it was wrong, it was a big mistake and we should mutually end it."

" tell me that you don't love me,"

" I'm not going to let you bully me into staying with you AND COMMITT A CRIMINAL OFFENCE!!"

" I'm not trying to bully you, I didn't mean to fall in love with you, we can make this work Marley, soon as you leave school we can officially be together." Benedict passionately said walking towards me and making an attempt to touch me.

" GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF ME!"

"Marley calm down, you need to think rationally."

" I think I finally am," I said making a grab at my bag from the floor. In that moment I realised how stupid I had been, not only was he engaged but he was also my teacher, my bloody teacher for Christ's sake. I slowly began walking out of the door, just before I shut the door behind me I turned around to see him and gently said, " For the record, it was real for me." then I silently left. Soon as I was out of the schools sight I ran. I ran in the brisk wind, my hair flying in all directions, getting caught in my mascara and lip gloss. my salty tears mixing with the acidic water that blew into my cold, goosepimpled face.

a huge blue truck drove past and stopped. What appeared to be a middle aged ruff looking man with a huge matt of straw like ginger hair flowing down the back of his red bandana. the window pulled down. " You wanna lift?" a wooden toothpick jolted around his mouth like tobacco, with a hint of doubt in me I nodded my head and walked around to the otherside of the truck where he had so gentlemanly opened the door. " Where does a pretty thing like you live?" he murmured looking down at my wet shirt, revealing my black bra underneath. " About a quarter of a mile left," I extended my left arm to point west. the level of my mistake now truly sinking in as he drove the complete opposite direction.