chapter 7-28 days

i rushed to open the car door, racing towards a rain soaked Helena, she was standing in the middle of the road, clearly confused and expecting answers immediately. I stepped away from her and motioned for her to talk inside but at she began walking, a black car reversed into her violently. The car stopped, i stared horrified at Benedict as he got out of the car. He walked towards me, " what should we do with the body?" He whispered whilst i stood confused. " Did YoU ACTUALY FUCKkING RUN HER OVER!!!" i screamed, i grabbed my phone and started dialling an ambulance. He watched me do so and started to see if Helena was ok or conscious. Within 15 minutes an ambulance had arrived and was carrying Helena off. Benedict carefully explained to the medics how he was reversing to pick up Marley when Helena stepped into the road. The medics believed him, and in all honesty i think he was telling the truth, Helena did just step in front of his car, it was all a honest misunderstanding.
Benedict and I spent the next 3 hours in the hospital keeping an eye on Helena, cautiously waiting for her to wake up. Sitting by her bedside while her parents struggled to get to the hospital. My hand grasped Helena's. Obviously I deeply cared for her, she was my friend. But she also saw something she shouldn't have. What would be her response? Would she tell anyone? Would she remember? I was panicking. So was Benedict, if Helena died, he would be done for manslaughter, and if she lived, he could be done for pedophillia and statutory rape.

Within the next half an hour she woke up. her eyes were groggy amd her long brown hair was wet where they had washed the blood off. Looking at Helena i started to notice that she indeed share a resemblence with Princess Fiona from the movies and broadway production of Shrek. She shuffled up the bed looking at me and Benedict, " why are you here sir? where are my parents?" Benedict asked if she remembered anything, she didnt, she had no idea what happened and convienently had no recolection of any of the previous events that took place that day. We both breathed a sigh of relief. The doctor came in and explained to Helena that Benedict had accidentally hit her, Helenas round face contorted into a smile as she cheerily said, " dont worry about feeling guilty, it was an accident." she absentmindidly fiddled with her cross necklacd as she forgave Benedict. He half heartedly smiled and patted her hand, before leaving the hospital and making his way to school. I heard the voices of Pemma and Cartin, Helena's parents, they said hello to me and sat next to their injured daughter. I got up and walked to school from ths hospital, luckily they were reletively close to each other and it only took around 10 minutes.
But like wtf. Benedict ran someone over! How far will this affair go?