Chapter 2

My parents had moved to Florida after I graduated and moved out, so I was excited to find out that the first show was in Tampa, Florida. My parents lived just a few minutes away so id get to see them after almost 5 months. I haven't been able to go see them and they haven't been able to come see me. The boys had their own private plane with everything you could possibly think of. I sat next to Niall and I don't know, things felt different. I felt like I was absolutely sure that I did like him now. I never felt more sure of anything in my entire life. It was a long flight. The other boys had fallen asleep after an hour so I figured that's what they do on the flights. They sleep. So I said I was tired and I just cuddled next to Niall and listened to my music. He fell asleep quickly but I didn't really want to sleep.

Liam woke up after about an hour and saw I was still awake just reading my book.

"What are you reading?" He asked.

"The Privilege of Youth. It's about how this guy became a really amazing author after being a foster kid his whole life. It's really good."

"It sounds cool." I smiled at him and he smiled back. He walked towards the other end of the plane where the refrigerator was. "Um, Liam..." I said getting up carefully. Making sure not to wake Niall. "Can I talk you about, well, about Niall?"

"Of course. Come into my office." He said motioning me towards a couch. "Want a drink?"

"A Pepsi would be great. Thanks."

"So what do you want to talk about?"

"We kissed yesterday." I blurted out. "And I think I like him more than just a friend. I've always liked him more than a friend, but I don't really know how to go about it."

"Well you should probably just tell him."

"I don't want him to be preoccupied while on tour ya know. I don't want him to be distracted."

"Amber, he probably doesn't want me to tell you, he wanted to tell you on his own, but he feels the same way if not more. The whole time we were on tour last year he kept talking about how he missed you and how he wished you were with him. That's why we pulled a few strings to get you to come. He really likes you."

I didn't know how to react to this. I was really excited but I still didn't know if I should tell him or not.

The plane pulled up to the gate and we were about to get out. Harry said to the boys "assume the position men!" At that moment they all surrounded me.

"What are you all doing?" I asked

"You've never experienced being attacked by photographers. They get in your face and all that, so if we surround you, we'll protect you a little." Harry said. "And you'll need these." He handed me a pair of glasses. I leaned into Niall and whispered "I need to talk to you. It's important." We stepped to the side.

"What is it?"

"I'm just going to make this quick and simple." I leaned in and kissed him. He pulled me closer. I held his face with one hand and gripped his arm with the other. He had both arms wrapped around my waist holding me tightly. I heard the boy giggle behind us. "Men, I think Niall can protect his girl from the photographers on his own wouldn't ya say?" Harry said. The boys agreed. I could feel Niall's smile on my lips. "Come on beautiful." He said. He took hold of my hand and held it tightly. The boys walked off first and we followed close behind. I held on tight to Niall, holding his hand with one hand and his arm with other. The boys were right about wearing the glasses. I would have never been able to see if I didn't have them on. I heard reporters and photographers saying "Niall is this your girlfriend?" Instantly I knew. I was going to be the talk on every news station for the next 6 months.