Chapter 5

***I CHANGED THE ENDING OF CH. 3 AND ALL OF CH.4***

The next morning I awoke to my phone going off. It was Niall. "Hello?" I said tiredly.

"Amber? What do you think you're doing?"

"Well I was sleeping."

"I'm not kidding, Amber!" He sent me a text. It was a picture of me and Ryan. My hand on his.

"Shoot! Niall it's not what you think. He's a friend of mine from high school. He had just told me a sad story and I was offering my sympathy. It's nothing."

"You're all over the magazines!"

"I've been all over the magazines since we started dating. You know, you shouldn't believe everything you read in magazines. I thought you of all people would know that. Niall maybe we should just break up for real."

"No, Amber we can work this out. I'm sorry."

"I'm tired of always fighting with you. I just want to take a break."

"I'M SORRY!"

"Me too..."

I hung up. Fourteen years of friendship. Gone. In one simple phone call.

*Niall's POV*

"What'd she say?" Liam asked.

"She just broke up with me."

"For real?"

I nodded.

"Awe man! Dang it! We're here for you man." He said putting his hand on my shoulder. I shrugged it off and went into my bunk. I just laid there the whole ride to L. A. Fourteen years of friendship with the girl I've been in love with since day one. Gone. In one simple phone call.

I cried. I laid in bed, hugging a shirt she had left behind. Tears falling down my face. I had to fix this. But I was on tour. I couldn't just leave. But I wasn't going to wait three months to fix something that I started.

"Guys I need to fix this. Me and Amber." I said the next morning. "I love her and I'm not going to let 14 years of friendship go down the drain."

"Are you going back to London?" Zayn asked.

"Yea I'm leaving right after the show tomorrow. I'll make it to the next show in time. I just really have to go see her. I have to fix this."

"We'll go too." Louis said. "And don't try to tell us no because its not going to work."

I smirked. "Thanks guys."