Chapter 1

Lana's POV

It was around 9 pm, and it was a fairly normal day for me, just like the rest of them. I get out of bed, do my daily morning routine and mostly head out into town. Or I stay at home and listen to music, oh how I wish to be a singer myself. About music, lately I discovered this singer, I believe her name was M.. Marina? Marina! Well, Marina and the Diamonds to be exact. Her music.. It does something to me. It's just like there's a million butterflies in my stomach, wanting to get out and bring me to her. I just, I can't stop thinki- and as usual, my mom interrupts my daydreaming.

"Elizabeth? There's someone at the door for you!" I hear my mom yell from downstairs. Oh well, time for me to do something productive today. As I get up and walk downstairs I can already see who it is just by looking at her shoes. Ashley. She's my best friend, but ever since we went to different colleges contact definitely got worse. "Hey girl hey!" I say to her as I step off the last step of my stairs. "Haaaaay," She says. "I thought we should do something cool today. We haven't seen each other in like what? Two weeks?" I let out a giggle, two weeks is a lot for us to be apart from each other. "Sure. What're your plans?" I say. "Hm, what are your thoughts on going out? Like go out clubbing together? Get super super wasted, miss the last bus causing us to haunt the streets late at night and come home around 6 am?" She replies, acting like it's the most normal thing in the world. "You're crazy. But you're lucky I have a weak spot for crazy. Sooo.. Hell yeah?" I reply, already grabbing my coat and letting my mom know when she can expect me to be home.

"Fuck!" I mumble to myself as we arrive at the bus station, realising I forgot my bus card. Oh well, let's hope the conductor doesn't catch me. Being on the bus has always made me feel uncomfertable. I don't know what it is, it could be the people staring at you all the time. "Liz, are you okay?" Ashley asks me, I must've been staring like I've seen something horrific again. "Yeah yeah, I'm fine. I just hate travelling by bus." I respond, cracking a tiny smile. "You should've said that dummy, I could've called a taxi for us." She says. I know she means it well but I shake my head, continuing to stare out of the window.

25 minutes later we're here. Standing in front of the club where I've heard her music for the first time. Marina's music. This club has always given me a tingly feeling inside. The atmosphere, the bartender, the people, The music. Yeah. This is my favourite club. As I stand there in awe I hear something buzzing in my ear. "Hello? Helloo?!" Ashley's been talking to me for the last 3 minutes. I shake my head, looking at her. "Uh, sorry, you were talking?" I say, kind of embarrassed. "You've been standing here all lifeless for like, 5 minutes now. What's wrong? Did you meet a lover in here? A one night stand?" She replies. I cracked a soft giggle. A one night stand? No. A lover? Freaking yes. "If only she was my lover, dear." I say, and without further explanation I grab her hand and drag her inside. I'm up for some dancing, and lots of booze.