Chapter 23

Chapter 23
Justin
I was lost.
I didn't know where to start or where to go. I didn't understand why Sarah had been so angry with me and why she had run off. But I didn't want to run after her or even pressure her on the fact that Steve was right. She did speak with an upper class accent.
I shook the thought away as I walked in to the city's library.
Like the other day, it was almost empty. Ignoring everything and everyone in the room, I headed for the computers. The screen came up blue as I turned it on and waited for it to load. As soon as it did, I brought up google and typed into the search engine, Carlisle news reports 1995.
It came up with a few websites.

Midnight break in
Lost fox terror
Stop clerk held at gunpoint

I clicked on the website that said,

Wealthy Lord and Lady adopts poor boy.

It came up with a news report. The heading was the same as the website title.

WEALTHY LORD AND LADY ADPOTS POOR BOY

It continued to read.

Imagine that you are lost and alone in the dark Servants' Hall of Locksley Manner. You know little of your surrounds and don't understand what had just happened. This was what the little five year old boy must of felt when his mother left him in the Servants' Hall of that great estate, Locksley Manner.
Lord and Lady Carter were scarce when asked about the details of why the boy was abandon but could say without a doubt that the boy would become their son and intern become their heir.  
Needless to say, the boy that had nothing, has now everything.

The reporter was right. I was the boy that had nothing and now had everything. Last night showed me that I had taken everything for granted over the years. And of course it was Sarah that showed me that.
The person that had brighten my life in the couple weeks that I had known her.
I sighed and peered out of the window, hoping that I would see her staring through. But she wasn't there.
Sighing again, giving in and ignoring any right at all, I googled Willow Tree Abby.
A little came up. But there was one website that caught my eye.

Lord murdered into his sleep

I frowned remembering my parents talking about something like this at breakfast. I hadn't taken much notice of it, reading the second volume of Ornithology. Now as I read, the story came flooding back to me.

At 12:00 o'clock on a Thursday night, the family and staff of Willow Tree Abby had the biggest shock of their lives when the Lord gave a shout in his bed. The ambulance was immediately called but at 1:35 PM the paramedics could not advise him.
His wife Lady White, refused to have an interview with us as well as his daughter who could not be found and hadn't been seen since she had heard the news of her father's death.
There will be fewer updates.

I sat back, stunned. Had Sarah been living there at the time? Had she even knew the Lord? She had to have if he had paid for her schooling. What about the daughter? Did she knew her? Had they been friends?
Maybe this was why she left and came to London. The article hadn't said what Lord White died of, not even a mention if it had been an accident, illness, or if it could have been murder.
Why did you leave Sarah? I asked myself. Why did you leave?