Chapter 25

Chapter 25
Sarah
The night had never seemed so hopeless till then. I had never felt so low, so helpless. So willing for death to take me at every corner I reached. I was over it. Tired of fighting.
As snow started to fall, I struggled down the deserted street. The cold had made me numb when I thought nothing else would. Everything around me became distant shadows as the wind blew, creating a whirl wind, forcing me to only half open my eyes. The sound became a roar, deafening me. Soon I was in my own frozen prison.
Get to the wishing well, I told myself, get to the wishing well.
I forced my legs to keep on moving even though I saw no point. My tears were frozen, stinging my cheeks every time a new batch fell. I hadn't cried like this since the day my father died. My heart ached at the memory. 
I stopped where I was, only shifting my feet when the wind blew strong.
"I'm tired of fighting," I cried, the wind crying my voice away, "I miss you so much."
The tears became suffocating and soon I was struggling to breathe. Every time the wind blew forcing me to move I cried out in protest.
"No more," I struggled, tears streaming down my face, "please."
The roaring of the wind, grew like a wild animal. Pushing me, pulling me.
"No," I cried, as the wind pushed me enough that I tripped.
I hit something hard and solid. I was sure that I could have cut or scraped my knee, but my eyes were frozen shut.
"No."
No.
An echo?
I used the last strength I had to lift my head and look at my surroundings. I was there. I sat on the snow covered steps of the wishing well, as the wind slashed like a whip against my neck. Looking around, I was speechless. How could I have possible gotten here?
The whooshing and whistling were my answer and gave me hope. Enough so that I could pull myself up to the top of the wishing well. Peering down, at the frozen water, I made my wishing.
"I'm wishing."
Im wishing.
"For the man, I love."
I love.
"To find me."
To find me.

Justin
I shot up in my bed, at the sound of roaring wind. I frowned realising that somehow I must have fallen asleep and that something had woken me up. Stumbling out of bed, I struggled to the window. I opened the window to reveal nothing but white. I had never seen a snow storm this bad. No one could survive it.
That thought was like an alarm ringing in my head. No one could survive it.
Sarah.
I pulled on my jeans, faster than I thought possible. I through on a singlet, a shirt, a jack then took another one for her. Taking the room key, I ran for the door.
I paced down the lobby, ignoring the girl when she said, "You can't go out there."
But they didn't know how much I will lose if I don't.
What if I'm too late? What if I can't find her?
The ache was too great to even think about it.
White covered my eyes everywhere I look. The wind blew strong, making it hard to move. The roar was loud making me deaf but my heart seemed to bound even louder. The fear of losing her forever seemed so clear in my mind. I should have never had turned my back on her.
"Sarah!" I called struggling to move in the growing snow.
I heard the faintest voice. Not even a voice, an echo.
Find me
"Snow!" I yelled letting it echo through my lungs.
Find me it echoed again.
I looked at my surrounding. All I saw was white and a few buildings in the distance. I was in a flied or something? 
My eyes widen and my heart seemed to beat again as realized that I was in the park.
"Sarah!" I yelled one last time as the roaring sound took over as well a the whipping wind. Like a curtain, the snow stormed calmed ending with light rain, revealing the wishing well.
"Snow?" I cried as a white figure lied on the steps. Catching my breath, I focused on what I saw. The wishing well, snow, black. Black? Black hair.
"Sarah!" I yelled as I ran to her.
She lied on the steps, covered in snow. I touched her cheek, feeling the skin as cold as ice.
"Oh God, I'm so sorry," I cried pulling her close.
Scraping around the snow from her face, she looked as those she was asleep. A frozen beauty. The fairest in all the land. I wanted to cry but I was frozen. Frozen from the lost.
How could I have turned my back on her? How could I have walked away from her?
I heard her mumble giving me hope.
"Sarah?" I said again, unsure.
"Find me," she whispered with her eyes still close.
I felt my heart beat again as I realised there was still hope for her. I needed to get her out of the wind, out of the cold. Scooping her into my arms, I struggled my way back to the hotel.

I lied her on my bed, hoping that the girl that was behind the counter would be up here soon with a coffee or something hot for her.
She kept mumbling something, barely moving as I shut the door. Without even thinking, I begin peeling of her clothes, starting with her jeans. I ignored the fact that she had probably stolen them from a St Vincent de Paul bins, angry with myself that I was still focused on that. Never again will I be angry with her for trying to survive.
I pulled offbmy own clothes to my boxers, trying not to stare at her black and purple laced thong.
She started scrimping as I started to pull off her jacket.
"No, no," she moaned.
"I'm sorry, Sarah," I said continuing to pull off her jacket, "it's the quickest way to get you warm."
"No," she moaned getting louder, "No Victoria!"
She came alive. I saw the anger in her eyes that I had never seen before.
"How dare you!" she yelled, trying to hit me, "how dare you take him away from me!"
"Sarah! It's Justin!" I yelled catching her fists.
"Justin," she said breathless.
I was too shocked to even speak.
"Justin," she repeated, "Justin."
I lied her down as she kept repeating my name. She kept scrimping making it hard to pull of her rest of her clothing.
"Why can't I be good enough for him?" she asked as I climbed into bed next to her.
"You are good enough him. He's just an idiot," I told her, pressing my body against hers and covering us in blankets.
"I miss you, Father," she said closing her eyes, "I miss you so much."