Chapter 61

Chapter 61
Sarah
"How are you feeling?" Justin asked me, brushing his fingers against my shoulder.
I shrugged. I didn't know how I felt.
My Mother was probably murdered. My father defiantly was murdered. My father lied to me about my name, how my mother died, and probably why he even married Victoria. How was I supposed to handle this?
I smiled, and looked up to the ceiling as I thought.
"I don't think I like the name Sarah-Snow."
Justin smiled and bowed his head as he chuckled.
"This is healthy," he stated.
"I'm serious, do you like the name Sarah-Snow?"
He thought for a bit, but nodded, "I do like the name. I mean, it reminds me of the two yous. The one that was crazy and stole a key just to have a shower," I smiled at that, "and then the other you, the one I fell in love with."
I smiled, then nudged him a little.
"But I think your avoiding the truth," he stated.
I sighed, rolling onto my back. I was avoiding the truth only because I was done trying to handle it.
"Your just waiting for me to break down, aren't you?"
He shrugged, "not waiting, just keeping an eye out."
"That's the same as waiting."
"Can you blame me?" he asked, "You spent two days in bed because you had a nightmare. Now you found out that your father lied to you, once again, and that your mother got sick merely days after she sent Ma a letter saying that she was getting death threats. And we both know what happens when people get death threats," when I didn't answer him, he answered for me, "they die."
I nodded, trying to swallow the image of Billy's dead body.
"How long do I have?" I asked him.
He frowned moving till he was looming over me.
"What do you mean?"
"A month ago, I said that I was worried about how long it would take for Victoria to find me here. So, how long do I have?"
He shrugged, "I don't know Sarah, I really don't –."
"Hey, Justin – oh,"
I sat up and frowned when I saw Blake in the doorway.
Justin rolled onto his back and groaned.
"Am I interrupting anything?" Blake asked with a grin.
Justin sat up, clearly annoyed with him. But I found myself smiling and bitting my lip as I watched them.
"Yes, Blake," Justin groaned.
"You know, I used to be the one you pillow talked with."
I started to giggle as they continued to argue. They were like an old married couple.
"You're going to do this now?" Justin asked.
"Yeah."
"In front of Sarah?"
"Sure."
"Please don't," he begged.
"I'm gonna."
"Oh no," Justin groaned flopping back on the bed.
Blake smiled evily, but continued, "When Justin was ten, he was dumped by the it's not you, it's me speech."
"I'm going to kill you."
I felt my mood lighten, and a smile spread across my face at Justin's misery.
"One time, he got drunk one night," he stopped.
"Oh God."
I shrugged, "So?"
"It was the same night that his parents were entertaining really important people. I still can't believe you got away with it."
"Are you done?" he asked.
"One more."
Justin turned to me, "I hope you're enjoying this."
I nodded, smiling.
"Justin and I, wanted to build a tree house. He was cutting a branch that he was sitting on, he landed on a rock and broke two ribs."
Through my giggles, I said, "you poor baby."
"Yeah, well, it was your idea," he said to Blake.
"I didn't say a tree house."
"You can't have a house, unless it's a tree house."
"Sure you can."
"What, a cubby house? That's not cool."
"Oh trust me, none of this is cool," I butted in before they could continue.
I felt strangely happy. Now I knew a little more about Justin and it made me smile. It also gave me an insight on how much Blake knew about him. A lot, actually.
"Now are you done?" Justin asked, tired.
"Yeah, sure man," Blake chuckled.
"Sarah, you remember Blake."
I giggled and found that I hadn't smiled this much in days.
"Yeah, hi Blake."
"Hey."
There was silence, as we didn't know what to say. I don't think we could go back to normal.
"What did you want anyway?" Justin finally asked.
"Oh right, nothing much. Just wanted to see what your doing."
Justin flopped back on the bed and sighed.
"I'm going to kill you."

Chapter 62
Justin
Sarah and I sat on the hill, looking out onto the village. She sat between my legs and rested her head against my chest while mine lied in the crook of her shoulder. My fingers pulled at the fabric around her belly, pretending that I was touching her skin.
It brought back a memory when we were in London.
"Hey, remember when we were talking about having children. Seems like a lifetime ago."
"That wasn't long after Billy died," she stated, thinking out loud.
I brushed my cheek against hers, feeling the soft silky skin.
"What would our children look like?" she asked, "Pale like me."
"Fair like you," I corrected her, "as long as they don't have my hair, we're fine."
"I like your hair."
I shook my head, in denial.
"Whose eyes will they have?" she asked.
"Well since their getting your skin and hair, they should have my eyes."
She shifted forward so that she could turn half her body to look at me.
"So is that how it works?"
"It's fair, isn't it?"
"So you don't want our children to have my eyes?" her voice and stare were killer, but I could see the playful grin spreading across her face.
"Well, I want our children to have all of you. Your skin."
She nodded, moving onto her hands and knees.
"What else?" she asked, moving like a tiger, forcing me to lower myself to the ground.
"Your cheeky smile."
My eyes kept flicking from her eyes to her lips, as my hands were safely planted on her tail bone.
"Keep going."
"Your hair."
She locked her lips to mine, slowly easing them open. The sun shone down on us, keeping us warm as the spring breeze blew.
"What are their names?" she whispered, still only inches from my lips.
"What?" I asked as I kissed her lips again.
"Our children. What are their names?"
I shrugged.
"I thought you would want to name them after your parents."
She looked up to think about it but then looked down to me.
"Maybe a middled name," slowly, she lowered her body onto mine, again, "Let's name them something for us. Something that represents our future together."
I shrugged, thinking, "Future's a cool name."
I felt the thud of her hand against my chest.
"We're not naming a kid, Future."
I chuckled at her reaction. She was asking me something that I hadn't really thought about. But her words made me think. Something that represents our future together. What about something that also represented our past as well?
"What about, Destiny? For a girl."
Sarah sat up to look me in the eye. She stayed quiet, for a moment thinking.
"I like the name," she admitted, "What about for a boy?"
I shrugged, "I chose the girl name."
She was silent thinking. As she thought, her fingers brushed against the collar of my shirt.
"Mmm, what about Dustin? It kind of sounds like Destiny and it rhymes with Justin."
I chuckled at the choice of name. A smile began to spread across my face at the thought of a family with Sarah. Just to be able to have a future with her would be a blessing.
"So Destiny and Dustin, that sounds nice," I stated, circling her ear.
She nodded trying to contain her smile that was beginning to grow. If only she would just let it. Just let herself be happy for just a couple of minutes. And without something taking it away from her.
When we got back to the house, Heaper came to us. We had barely gotten to the door.
"Sir, someone is asking after you, on the phone."
I frowned, "Who?"
"They didn't say, Sir."
Sarah turned to me.
"Go on, I'll be in the library," she smiled and headed through the corridor door.
I thanked Heaper then turned down the hall to where the phone was. Picking it up, I held it to my ear.
"Hello?"
My heart started to race as I waited for a reply.
"Forty-eight hours," the voice said. It wasn't a females or males. Like the voice had been changed to sound like something else.
"What?" I asked.
"Tell her, she has forty-eight hours."
The line went dead.