Chapter 4

Calum wasnʼt at PE.

During the past two hours between lunch and end of school I must have called him 100 times at the very least.

Should I be worried? Why am I even asking that question, I already am worried.

I came home to an empty house with a note on the fridge, "Out with Calum's folks. Won't be back until tomorrow. x"

Well this would give him time to explain.

I gave up on calling Calum and sent him a text, "Please." It was simple enough to mean anything.

I hope he gets the right message.

Calumʼs P.O.V

"Fuck this." I mutter under my breath as I stood up from the lunch group, "Cal..." Charlie looks at me as if I was the one who was causing a scene. I mean, the whole fucking school was staring down at that douche talking with the most beautiful girl in the world.

Ivy Clark.

As if one cue my phone vibrates on the lunch table flashing the words ʻLuke Hemmoʼ.

I didnʼt hesitate to answer, at this point anything was better than watching this. Luke was this really cool dude I had met with by accident at a CD shop on the outskirts of Sydney. As soon as we met I felt comfortable. What struck the conversation was the latest All Time Low album. It was the album I bought Ivy for her birthday, the one she listens to before she goes to sleep at night and on the bus with me by her side... But today just was not my day.

"Luke." I speak into the phone, "Hey man, I've got last period free. Thinking of getting some more records but just called to check if you'd want to come?" I picked up my schedule, last period PE. Coach wouldn't mind, would he?

"I'll see you there in ten?"

"Great."

With that I gathered my books and papers and climbed out of the chair-attached lunch table.

"You going off?" Nate asks looking in my direction. My eyes continue to stare deathly at the two having a conversation.

"Yea..." I say thinking about what she would think of me for ditching her on the first day. But then again, who the fuck gives.

Right now it felt like my entire heart was a cut out piece of paper being shred into a million little pieces.

Like my heart was stuck in my throat and for some reason, it was being pulled by a thin, strong thread but it just refuses to fall. The thread would just cut through all the emptiness of my heart.

Thatʼs how much it hurt.

Thatʼs how much power she has over me.

"Iʼve seen enough." with that, I stuffed everything into my bag and exited the cafeteria.

Yes, she made me feel this way. Yes, I had no power over it.

But what I do have the power over is how I handle it. I just need to distance myself.

I walked out of that school with every intention to forget about everyone for a while and see my friend.

----

"Does she know you feel that way about that guy?" Luke asks while playing his PS3, with me beside him sulking like an idiot.

I guess my plan about forgetting everyone backfired on me.

"Itʼs not just him Luke, I feel that way about every guy she talks to. Even Nate, Cam and Charlie."

"Well, does she know?" he says jerking his elbow into the air as the car on the screen scrapes itʼs side on the railing.