Chapter Three; Disbelief

It's Burrito Day in the cafeteria, and I wrinkle my nose as I pass all the guys stuffing their faces to head to my usual table. It is on the edge of the vast room, and though it can seat eight, only six are occupied. Six and not four because my lab partner and friend Brooklyn joins us every once and a while, and her twin Alissa. I sit down next to Logan, only to get up and move next to Alissa when I see his messy way of eating. He glares at me with his grey eyes.  The two empty chairs at the table are around Logan for a reason, I guess. I see everyone staring at me, and I try to ignore it, but then it becomes annoying.

     "What?" I ask them, irritated.

     "We heard that you stood up to Hillary Wolfe in the hallway today. Are you Crazy? Do you know what she can do to you?" Kami bursts out.

     "No, I don't know, besides make my life a living h*ll. I don't know why I did it, I just did. It felt good," I tell them, a blissful look on my face. They still look at me like I am crazy.

    "Whatever, maybe she will forget after spring break. Soooo... spring break, what are you guys planning on doing?" Brooklyn changes the subject easily and I shoot her a grateful glance she returns with a smile.

    "We, the four Musketeers, are planning on heading to London, England. We all bought our tickets this morning," Logan speaks around his food, making an even bigger mess.

    "Really? That's so cool! Maybe you will meet One Direction and Little Mix," Alissa says, acting more excited than we are, almost, "If you do, can you get us autographs please?" She asks shyly. Who are One Direction and Little Mix?

    "Who are they?" Clary beats me to the punch. Alissa and Brooklyn gasp.

    "You don't know who the hottest bands in the world are?" Ummm... no.

    "Uhhhh... no?" I say, getting tired of the mystery.

    "One Direction happens to be a boy band and the boys happen to be the hottest EVER. Zayn Malik, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, and... sigh... Harry Styles," Alissa explains.

    "So who are Little Mix?" I ask.

    "Jade, Leigh-Anne, Perrie, and Jesy. I don't know their last names, but their music is great," Brooklyn explains. I am starting to feel dumb.

    "....No woman in the world deserves this, but here I am, asking you for one more chance..." Clary sings softly. She has been singing it all day, because she has it stuck in her head. It was a good song, we listened to it in the tree house, but the thing is she only knows the one verse. So, she has been singing the same thing over... and over.... and over again.

    "I thought you guys didn't know who One Direction were?" Brooklyn asks, looking majorly confused.

    "What? I just have it stuck in my head from the other day. Is this a song of theirs?" Clary inquires. A and B nod. Cool.

#######################################

     The rest of the week goes by surprisingly fast, except for another brief run in with Hillary. That didn't turn out too well, cause lets just say I have a pretty big bruise on my left cheek bone. And spaghetti sauce all over my favorite blouse. Oh well, should have seen her. Almost too soon, it is Friday, my bags are packed, and I am carpooling with my three best friends to the air port. Our families will meet us there. We are singing to terrible songs and talking about everything and nothing and having a genuinely fun time. Even Logan for once didn't seem even slightly embarrassed to be hanging out with three girls.

    It was almost a disappointment when we arrived at the J. F. K. Airport. We enter and wait in the designated area. Our families were already waiting, and I slipped outside with my packed to the bursting point suit case. I ran to my family and gave my mom, then my dad a hug. I knelt down next to Poppy and gave her a squeeze.

    "Te extrañaré nena." I tell her, and she bursts into tears. I had told her that I would miss her. I didn't think it would affect her so much. I pat her back and hold her until her tears slow. "Its only going to be for two weeks Poppy, why are you so upset?" I ask.

    "Mamá y papá son aburridos, usted es divertido, Emily." She said, whimpering. I laugh out loud. She said that mom and dad are boring and that I am fun. Poor baby. I just hug her tighter. Then I get up and look to my parents. My mother has tears running down her cheeks, so I hug her again.

     "Mamá, voy a estar bien. Esta es una gran oportunidad. Te veré en dos semanas, ¿de acuerdo?" (Mom, I am going to be fine. This is a great opportunity. I will see you in two weeks, okay?)

      "Okay, baby. I love you." She responds, choked up. I turn to my dad.

      "Cuida de mamá y Poppy. Te echaré de menos, papá," (Take care of mom and Poppy. I will miss you, father.) I say, and give him a hug. I am done with my goodbyes, but I still see Logan hugging his mom, and Clary giving her endless siblings endless hugs. Kami is done, because her dad was too busy to come and she heads towards me. We look at each other and decide to take our places on the plane. We head to the entrance and the ladies check our passports and other arrangements and let us on early, since they are going to allow the other puplic to board soon. Seat 191... seat 191... seat 19- aha! I plop down on the seat and motion for Kami to sit next to me, cause she told me she was seat 192. She settles down next to me, a lot more gracefully, I might add. I don't really want to talk, so I grab my iPod and listen to some Ed Sheeran and Bruno Mars. Soon, I fell asleep.

(A/N I just wanted to say that Spanish is not my native language, I dont know much besides the basics so I went on Google Translate. If there are any mistakes please point them out and I will fix them as soon as I can. Thank you!)