Sex in My City

Mario and I have been friends since second grade. We met at St. John's Catholic School, Ms. O'hara was our red hair freckled teacher.

We don't see each other as often as we would like but we always reconnect effortlessly.

We had agreed to meet for coffee in the New Year.

My favorite Starbucks in the heart of Coral Gables was to be the spot.

We sat down in the coffee colored leather arm chairs.

After a few minutes of exchanging pleasantries we moved on.

His eyes watered and the tears surfaced.

I said "What's wrong? I got you."

He raised his gaze at me, it might have been a firing squad cause I got shot up.

He wouldn't stop crying and all I could do was look at his dread.

"I've gotten myself involved in a triangular situation and I need to be free of it", he said.

" I don't love her yet my wife circles, fin up."

"I've been having an affair with Maria for over three years now, a casual sexually charged relationship."

"We see each other sporadically."

"We met while sweating bullets on the stairmaster at Shula's. An old and tired gym that the local moths frequent."

"I was telling her about the love hate relationship I have with this machine and she was telling me how she would rather be jogging outside."

"On this a rainy day I sheltered her with my umbrella to the door of her car and she thanked me with a kiss."

"We exchanged numbers as the rain watched our first sin."

"Dinner and chitchat with the wife over salad and Macallan at my favorite Italian restaurant, Italy Today, in Miami Lakes came and went. Yet I still had her taste on my lips."

"The days would run and I would wonder about her lips."

"Thursday a few weeks after our first kiss we met for lunch at Cafe Abbracci, a stuffy staple in the Gables. We had drinks at the bar and never made it to our table."

"The airport and all of the motels filled with passengers that weren't going anywhere but their lust filled escapades, were all to close for these ambers that raged an inferno."

To be continued...