Graceful Wings (9)

"Mom! Dad!" I screamed as I saw then and ran into their arms.

They laughed and hugged me. I was so happy in their embrace. Even though I knew they weren't really there with me, just only in my dream, I was happy to see them. My parents whom I didn't remember, who had left me with Damesis. I was grateful for them to giving me the best grandmother in the world.

"Hello Myla," mom said and let go of me.

"How are you?" dad asked.

"I'm fine. Everything's getting better," I smiled, "I got a new job and a boyfriend."

"Tell me all about him!" mom asked, her eyes sparkling.

I told her all about Damien. Every single detail. About his smile, his eyes, his laughter. Even about how we met.

"Too bad we can't be with you," my dad said, "Otherwise I'd talk to your boyfriend like a man to man."

"Raven!" mom exclaimed and hit dad's shoulder lightly.

"What?" dad asked mom, "Isn't that what fathers do for their daughters?"

My mother didn't get a change to reply to my father, because I started laughing.

*

*Damien's POV*

I was so hungry. I needed to get out of my place and feed off of someone. Every piece of my body cried out of hunger for human souls. Because that's what I, a fallen angel, do - I feed off of human souls. I'm a monster, who kills humans by taking their souls, leaving their dead bodies for wild animals, like wolves.

I smiled as I looked at Myla's sleeping figure. She looked so peaceful, so innocent. Myla was my girlfriend and she didn't know about my dark side - my lust for human souls.

I went right next to her and squatted down. My blue eyes studied her solemn face. I saw a weak smile appear on her face. Without wanting to wake her up, I stood up, leaned down to kiss her forehead and left. Flying out of the window, I still could feel her soft skin on my lips, before the hunger took over again.

*

*Myla's POV*

I woke up, feeling that someone was carrying me. I opened my eyes and noticed that I was in the air and someone's white wings were carrying us. I lifted my head to look at the holy angel who was holding me.

"Nealson?!" I was surprised, "What are you doing?"

"Hey Myla," he smiled, "Don't worry! I'm just kidnapping you."

"You what?!" I shrieked.

"Just kidding," he shook his head, "We just needed you up there and I was sent down to get you."

"Why you?" I questioned, "And why are you carrying me?"

"Because I know you better that the other angels," he said, "And I'm carrying you because you were asleep and I didn't want to wake you up."

"You just came in, took me and flew away?"

"Yes?"

"You didn't see Damien?" I asked.

"No," he shook his head again.

"Oh my God!" I cried and slapped his head lightly, "Damien's going to worry about me!"

"So?" he was confused.

"You're unbelieveble!" I exclaimed and hit him again, "He's my boyfriend and he will worry about me."