Graceful Wings (14)

"Shit," I heard someone swearing.

I had no idea, why they were swearing. But I knew that I was somewhere between conciousness and unconciousness. I felt stronger than I had been before. There was a weird strength inside me, that I hadn't felt before. Strength that wasn't mine.

"Hello Myla," a voice said in my head.

"Who are you?" I asked back.

"I'm your inner angel," the voice said, "From now on, we'll be always togehter."

"What do you mean?" I was confused.

"You're going to share your body with me," it said.

"But what if I don't want to share?"

"You already are sharing your body with me."

"Then get the fuck out of my body," I demanded.

"I'm sorry, honey, but I'm the one in charge in here now," the voice said sarcastically.

I felt someone slap my cheeks. Repeatedly.

"What?" I groaned.

"Finally," someone said, "I thought you were never going to wake up."

"Mm," I mumbled, feeling myself fall back into sweet unconsiousness.

"No, Myla," his voice was demanding, "You can't fall back asleep!"

"Get.. Lost!" I mumbled.

The person started slapping my cheeks again. The slaps were getting harder and harder. I felt like my cheeks were going to burn.

"Stop that," I demanded, whispering.

Another slap. And another. Harder and harder.

"I said stop that," I yelled and pushed the person away from me.

I heard a loud thump somewhere apposite me. I finally opened my eyes and found that I had somehow pushed Leo against the wall, which was a few feet away from me. The wall was cracked. I raised my hands and looked at them, disbelieving what just had happened.

"What was that for?" Leo groaned.

"You slapped me, you jerk!" I screamed, "Was it really hard for you to leave me alone?"

"No need to yell at me, dear," he said calmly, "And how was I supposed to leave you alone?! You were the one who passed out!"

"That doesn't explain the slapping," I stated.

"It did."

I ignored him, because I was forming a plan in my head. All I had to do was knock him out, knock down the door and escape.

*

*Damien's POV*

"Is there a way to save her?" I asked Mrs. Lamb.

"I'm sure we, the Holy Angels, could help you with our forces," she said, "We have a really good army."

"That would be great," I smiled widely, "Now we have to figure out if Leo is a holy or a fallen angel."

"Leo?" she was confused.

"Myla said that her ex-boyfriend Leo kidnapped her."

"Really?" she asked with her eyebrows raised, "She didn't tell me about him."

"She didn't?" I was interested.

"Well, she only mentioned you."

I felt a goofy grin spreading on my face. Even though she hadn't said the 'L' word yet, I felt special. I was the first and only boyfriend she had told about her parents. Suddenly I felt an urge to hold her in my arms and tell her how much I loved her.

"Anyways, if you go to my mother for the Army of the Holy Angels, then you should leave. It's getting late and my mom always goes to bed early," Mrs. Lamb told me.

I woke up from my dreams and nodded. I turned around and left the room. I found my way to Myla's grandmother pretty quickly. I stood behind the door and knocked on it.

"Hello," an old woman in her 40-es showed up on the door.

"Is this where Myla's grandmother lives?" I asked politely.

"Yes. Come in," the old lady smiled, "What can I do for you?"

We entered a big hall. It was really fancy. There was a enormous stairs in the middle of the room, leading to the second floor, and a big cristal chandler. The old lady led me to the living room and told me to sit down. I did as she had asked and waited for Myla's grandmother.

"So?" the lady asked.

"So what?" I asked back.

"What are you here for, young man?"

"I'm looking for Myla's grandmother, as I already said."

"And what do you want from me?" she asked.

"Wait... You're Myla's grandmother?"

"Yes," she nodded, "And you are?"

"I'm Damien, Myla's boyfriend."

"Nice to meet you, Damien," she smiled widely, "My name is Myra Laws. So tell me, why are you here?"

"Myla has been kidnapped," I started, "And I need some help to track her down and save her."

*

I watched how Leo slowly got up from the floor. He was holding his head with his left hand. It seemed like he was in a lot of pain.

"I'll better knock him out now," I thought to myself.

"Sorry," I murmured and walked up to him.

I grabbed him by the shoulders, making it look like I was stadying him.

"Are you OK?" I asked, faking consern.

"I didn't know you were that strong, my dear," he mumbled.

"I said sorry," I shrugged, "Let me help you sit down."

He just nodded. I guided him to the wall and let him lean against it.

"I'm sorry," I whispered and hit his head hard against the wall.

He lost consciousness immediately. I let his limp body fall to the floor. I turned around and walked to the door. I watched back to Leo for a second before breaking the door. As soon I was out the door, I looked around and made sure that there were no guards around. I sneaked out and started looking for the exit. It took me at least 5 minutes to finally find the way out. I opened the door and flew away. It felt so good to fly again.

Now I had to find out where the hell was I.

"Follow me," the inner angel said.

"How?" I was confused.

"Just let me take over your body and I'll lead you back home," she whispered.

"And how can I trust you?"

"You just have to. We belong togehter," she told me, "We are stuck with each other forever."

"Forever?"

"Forever," she confirmed.

And just like that, I let her take full control of my body. It was a weird feeling. It felt like... like I was a stranger in my own body, like I was just a spectator. I just watched how my inner angel carried me home.