Graceful Wings (10)

She was a lady and my grandmother. Myra was wearing a white dress with golden embroideries.

“Hello,” I greeted her, “My name is Myla. I'm your granddaughter.”

“Hello, sweetie,” she smiled widely and pulled me into a hug, “I'm so glad to finally get to see you.”

I was surprised about her warm welcome. I mean, she didn't know me at all, but she was still there welcoming me with open arms. Even though I was her granddaughter, I was still a stranger. I only knew that her name was Myra and that she was my grandmother. I didn't even know if she was my Mom's or Dad's mother.

“Actually, I have a question,” I said when I pulled away from Myra's hug.

“OK, I'm listening.”

“My Mom told me to come to you and ask you to explain me everything,” I started, “She talked about someone being after me because of some kind of throne.”

Her smiling face turned into a serious one.

“Your Mother is right. There is a group of angels who betrayed the other angels. We don't know who exactly they are and whether they're holy or fallen angels. That's why my daughter and Raven left you with that human, to protect you from the ones who are after you. Because you're a one of a kind, my dear Myla,” she said, “There's no one like you.”

“I know that I'm the chosen one,” I informed her.

“Yes, that too,” she nodded, “But you're also changing history.”

“How?” I frowned.

“You're the next one on the list to the throne. But just not only one throne.”

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Myla, you're a princess,” she announced, “And the throne or thrones I'm talking about is the throne of Holy and Fallen Angels.”

“Which means?”

“You're going to unite both kingdoms.”

*

*Damien's POV*

Lying on my bed, I stared at the ceiling, blaming myself. Myla was missing. If I had closed the window, she'd be still here. Ruffling my hair, I sighned, there was nothing I could do. Well, I could only wait.

Pointless - that's just how I felt. There was no point in my existance if there was no Myla. Before, when I hadn't met her yet, I coudn't see that a girl could change my life like that. But now I totally can.

*

It was Wednesday afternoon and I knew that Myla, the chosen one, would be heading home. Her schoolday was over. I started walking right behind her quietly.

“Myla, wake up.You are dreaming. You are human. You are no fallen angel,” Myla whispered to herself and kept repeating it to herself.

I sneaked up behind her and whispered into her ear: “You know it's not true.”

“You are dreaming, Myla,” she ignored me, “No one's here, telling you that it's not true. You are a human, not fallen angel. You hear hallucinations. You are a human, crazy or not.”

“You know it's not true,” I repeated, chuckling.

“OK, that isn't a hallucination anymore,” she said and turned around to face me.

She jumped and squeezed her eyes shut.

“He's real,” she thought as she had opened her eyes again.