Graceful Wings (13)

"Damien?" I called him in my thoughts.

"Yeah?" he answered.

"Could you do me a favor?"

"Of course."

"Could you go to the Kingdom of Holy Angels for me?" I asked.

"Why?"

"I need you to find my parents and tell them that I've been kidnapped."

"Anything else?"

"Just a warning. When you go up there, tell them I sent you or tell them you're my boyfriend, so they wouldn't hurt you."

"OK," he agreed, "I'll do it."

"Thank you," I thanked him.

"No need to thank me. I love you, remember?" he reminded me, "I'd do anything for you."

"How did I deserve you?"

"No," he said and I could imagine him shaking his head, "How did I deserve you?"

*

*Damien's POV*

I flew up to the Kingdom of Holy Angels, I was wearing white to show the holy angels that I was coming in peace. Wearing white clothes meant peace.

"What are you doing here?" the guard asked.

"I'm here, because my girlfriend Myla sent me to her parents," I answered.

"You mean the princess Myla?"

"I do," I nodded.

"I'll call someone here to take you to Mr. and Mrs. Lamb," the guard announced.

He left me standing alone behind the gates. In few minutes he returned with a guy, who looked younger than me. He had short blond hair and blue eyes. He was rather tall and athletic.

"Hello," I greeted him with a nod.

"Hello," he replied and added, "My name is Nealson."

"Damien."

"I'm going to take you to Raven's and Darcie's ward," he told me.

"No way!" I thought sarcastically, "I was hoping I could go see the penguins."

"They're still in the hospital?" I asked him.

"Yes. Raven's still in coma," he said.

"Yeah, I heard that from Myla," I told him.

"You know Myla?" he seemed to be intrested.

"Of course I do, she's my girlfriend!"

The smile he had had on his face faded. "Y-your girlfriend?"

"The one and only," I smiled widely.

His reaction was weird for me. As if he knew Myla, as if he wanted her to be his.

"So how do you know Myla?" I wondered.

"Uhh.. we met about two month ago, when she flew here for the first time. I was the one who set her free. And since then we've been good friends."

"You have a crush on her, don't you?"

His face paled. I had been right, he had a crush on my girlfriend. Just too bad, she was taken. Before I could ask anything else, we reached the hospital. Nealson took me to the second floor. Suddenly he stopped behind a door, that had 88 written on it.

"We're here?" I asked him.

"Yeah, go in," he just said and walked away.

I looked at the door and I didn't know what to do. After sighing heavyly, I placed my hand on the doorknob and opened the door. When I stepped in, I found myself in a room that had 2 beds, plain white walls and two large windows.

"Hello Mrs. Lamb," I greeted her.

"Hello young man," she smiled warmly, "Tell me who you are."

"My name is Damien and I'm -"

"Myla's boyfriend," she cut me off, "I know. Myla told me about you."

"Really?"

"Of course," she smiled widely, "And as I've heard form Myla, then you're the best boyfriend she has ever had."

"She said that?" I questioned, feeling pleased.

"Well, not directly, but she implied it."

I felt myself smiling goofyly. The words that Myla's mother had just said were the best words I had ever heard.

"I see that you love her a lot," she said.

"That's true," I told her, "I couldn't imagine my life without her right now..."

My smile vanished as I remembered why I had came up here.

"What's wrong?" Mrs. Lamb was concerned.

"I came up here, because Myla asked me to," I started.

"So?"

"She told me to tell you that she's been kidnapped."

She paled and her mouth was hanging open. Suddenly realisation hit her.

"How did she tell you that she's kidnapped?" she asked.

"We sort of have a mind link," I whispered.

"What do you mean by 'sort of'?"

"We just found out about it," I told her, "Basically, Myla can contact with me, while I can't contact with her."

"The gift," Mrs Lamb whispered with her wide eyes.

"What?"

"That's Myla's gift."

*

*Myla's POV*

I kept an eye on Leo. He seemed weird lately. He wasn't talking to me at all.

"Leo?"

"Yes, my dear?"

"Is everything OK?" I questioned.

"Of course, my dear. Should there be something wrong?"

"I don't know," I shrugged, "You're acting weird."

He just shrugged and refused to answer me. His brown hair was longer than it used to be, back when we were dating. Back when I was young and stupid. He was a good boyfriend to me, while I, on the other hand, had kissed his brother. His brother, who always stole Leo's girlfriends. It must have been hard for him to catch us kissing. I hadn't deserved him. While I had been dating him, he could've dated someone else, who actually deserved him. I had waisted his time.

My head was getting overwhelmed from all the thinking it was doing. I could feel how my head started hurting more and more until I had a migraine. I slowly lost control of my thoughts and my body. I knew that I was holding my head between my hands, but that was it. My eyes were squeezed shut tightly as I tried to ket rid of the pain.

"Myla!" I heard a weak voice call my name.

I tried to answer, but my body was out of my control. As if there was someone else in my body. I tried to fight it, but it was too strong. Too strong for me to handle. I was getting more and more tired from the fighting and then I decided to give up.

I fainted.