Shadows of The Past

Veigar's head was throbbing uncontrollably. It had been two weeks since narrowly escaped his imprisonment from Noxus.

Worn out from constant traveling and injuries that didn't heal correctly he wasn't due to make it any further.

He tripped over a root that was protruding out of the ground and flew face first into a tree.

Bark was now knotted in his black matted fur. Not having the strength to care he laid his back on the damp black earth and gazed into the sky.

"Blue," he thought to himself. Nimbus clouds were floating in the sky, slowly making their way east. Veigar felt as if he could feel the earth spinning for the first time.

The cool air, smelled of grass and autumn leaves giving the earth nutrition for new life, he hadn't smelt this simple aromas for years. All he could remember was the scent of blood and his festering wounds.

The smell of his skin and fur burning as the hot iron sickles pecked at his flesh. These new smells... They didn't comfort him but scared him.

They made him feel almost as if he was in a twisted dream, only to soon wake up to his dark, piss and fickle matter filled cell.

A bird, Cardinal, flew next to him and sang a song. It was horrid and high pitched. Veigar tried to bat it away but it flew out of his sight and continued it's song.

"Trifling creature," Veigar muttered to himself. He flexed his fingers. They made a wet cracking sound. He squinted his eyes from the pain.

"That doesnt sound to good to me."
Startled by the sudden sound of a voice Veigar jumped up from his resting posistion.

A women with crimson hair that fell past her shoulders and a scar on her left eye stood about ten feet from him. Her face had little shadows on it from the tree's shade but the remainder of it was touched by sunlight.

She was wearing a leather top that showed most of her bosom. She also wore leather pants that hugged her skin showing the definition in her legs.

"What is a yordle like yourself doing all the way out here?" she furrowed her brows and showed the slight hint of a smile. Veigar's legs were shaking. Struggling to stand he growled at her.

"Its none of your concern." he said through swollen lips.

The crimson haired woman laughed. She was rather gorgeous, even in Veigar's standards.

"In that aspect you're right little one." She adjusted a potato sack that she was holding over her shoulder. It was brown at the bottom and dripping red fluid.

"What's in the bag?" Veigar asked the woman.

"A cat." she answered.

There was a awkward pause between the two. The woman cleared her throat. "Gotta work on my jokes I suppose," she chuckled.

Veigar wasn't amused.

"Their heads of those whom deserted, cowards, rapist, Demacians, assassination targets. men of no code or home." She sat down. "Funny isn't it, here I am telling you whats in my bag and we haven't even introduced ourselves. You're quite the charmer"

Veigar blushed at that comment. He looked away from her at his feet. "Tell me yours first."

The crimson woman smiled. "Katarina." She rubbed her shoulder.
Veigar looked at her, relaxed a little. "How about yours" Katarina asked, Veigar looked to her with tired eyes.

"No one."